Go to <insert Weather Eye URL here> on your BlackBerry and download it. Then install it. When it asks you to add a primary location, add a major USA or Canada city (unfortunately smaller cities and towns don't seem to be on there).
    Thanks for posting this app. Took a minute or two for me to RTFM and realize I had to go to the download address on my BB, not on the PC.

Downloaded, installed, and configured it and it's working fine.

Thanks again.
    01-27-09 03:08 PM
    I got it! Got it for ATL GA, too. nice, thanks!
    01-27-09 11:09 PM
    love it! thanks for the suggestion.
    02-04-09 04:30 PM
    Thank you so much for posting how to get this app.
    02-12-09 11:47 PM
    I downloaded the app this morning..Seems to be working correct on my Storm but it only takes up half the screen with the keyboard showing underneath. Is this correct?
    02-18-09 10:25 AM
    I got it installed and working with my local city. I set it up for fahrenheit, and the current weather screen displays fahr., but when I click on the Weather Network icon, the next page with extended conditions comes up in centigrade. Is there anyway to correct this so it also appears in fahrenheit?
    02-18-09 01:14 PM
    I like TWC
    02-18-09 05:10 PM
    Installed easily and works great, but I do wish it had radar. For now I'm just hiding e-Mobile Weather, waiting til I've decided which I prefer to keep.
    02-18-09 08:03 PM
    Looks like this may be a better place for my questions about Weather Network..

How do I get the app to only display in degrees Fahrenheit?
    How do I get it to drop the location tag?(least important of my worries)
    Also, why is it only updating two or three times a day? Is this supposed to be a forecast and not a current temp/conditions?

Example:
    Right now when I scroll over the icon it reads "32F/0C (Oklahoma City) Clear"
    But I would like it to read "32F Clear"

When I try going in to edit my preferences it only takes me back to the add a location screen. What am I doing wrong?

I love the icon for Weather Network because it blends in so well with the standard icon set for my Curve, but so far I'm not impressed with the app one bit and I'm shopping around for a new weather app. (I wish Weather Underground had an icon because I enjoy reading the METARs)

TIA for any help!
    02-19-09 11:29 AM
    I'm Canadian and I can't even install it?
    I go to the link (via their actual page), but it just links to a white/empty page for me? I checked and my browser lists itself as BlackBerry...?
    02-19-09 11:58 AM
    (I wish Weather Underground had an icon because I enjoy reading the METARs)

TIA for any help!
    I agree with you as far as Weather Underground, I constantly use it while storm chasing along with other radars and am very disappointed that I can't get it on my BB, especially since I have a paid subscription!!!

I wish I could answer your other questions, however I have no idea. I tried weatherbug and it was okay except when I changed my theme the icon was really faded. I've been trying the push accuweather from BB; however I am not real happy that it doesn't update very often. It still shows a moon and the temp from 5 am. *sigh*

I know the Weather Channel and Weather Eye is not very accurate according to most storm chasers, so I really don't want to go there either.

I guess we will have to wait and see,

~Jazzi~

02-19-09 12:00 PM
    I agree with you as far as Weather Underground, I constantly use it while storm chasing along with other radars and am very disappointed that I can't get it on my BB, especially since I have a paid subscription!!!

I wish I could answer your other questions, however I have no idea. I tried weatherbug and it was okay except when I changed my theme the icon was really faded. I've been trying the push accuweather from BB; however I am not real happy that it doesn't update very often. It still shows a moon and the temp from 5 am. *sigh*

I know the Weather Channel and Weather Eye is not very accurate according to most storm chasers, so I really don't want to go there either.

~Jazzi~

Sounds like you're having the same issues as I am. I'm starting to think that this may be a forecasting app more than anything. Which is really disappointing. I can get the forecast anywhere.
    I do agree about underground's radars, although I find myself using the mobile site for a local news station more and more for my radar because it loads so quickly. (k4togo.com)

If you're really into storm chasing you should head down to my neck of the woods this April/May. No place in the world has better weather for chasing than Kansas/Oklahoma/N. Texas. We just had our first tornadoes of 09 last week. Tornado ally FTW!
    02-19-09 12:43 PM
    Doesn't work for me... I can download and install but when I run it says it can't find the proper network settings. Then I am asked to choose my carrier and it says "Testing network Connection..." but it just stays there with no progress.
    05-18-09 10:08 AM
    works great!!
    06-22-09 03:09 PM
    It works — I dunno if I'd say "great".
    I mean, it'd be nice to be able to choose more than one location, for starters...
    06-22-09 04:21 PM
    this rocks!!! thanks
    06-24-09 09:03 AM
    Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share a way to get the new free "The Weather Network Mobile" (The Weather Network - Mobile - WeatherEye Mobile). the program is "supposed" to be only available for Canada. If you go to that link, it asks you for your phone number and provider (Canada providers only). So, I did some playing around and found the download link.

Go to http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/blackberry/ on your BlackBerry and download it. Then install it. When it asks you to add a primary location, add a major USA or Canada city (unfortunately smaller cities and towns don't seem to be on there).

Please respond to this post if you need any help or would like to comment on this new program.

Have fun!
    Paul
    sweet man...worked link a charm :O)
    07-02-09 03:01 PM
    Darn, this doesnt seem to work anymore.
    I get a error "Date not available"
    08-22-09 01:30 PM

~Jazzi~

Am I losing my mind or isn't this app just plain old Weather Eye that you can download for free without the secret Canada-hookup?
    08-23-09 01:29 PM
    NICE!! Thanks for sharing. I've been on the lookout for a good free weather app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 01:46 PM
    I'm in the US and had this app on my BB until I upgraded the firmware. I wasn't able to redownload this until I was in Canada this last week. NOW, however, my googlemaps icon disappears when I use this weather theme. GM comes back when I switch themes. Anyone have any sort of clue what's up with that? I've tried, battery pulls, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc.
    Thanks!
    09-18-09 09:01 PM
    i have been looking for a good weather app. thanks so much for the suggestion!
    11-18-09 01:02 PM
    hey im on my bb storm and the link doesnt seem to work..it says unable to find server..any thoughts?

i am using my bb storm 9530 on tmo..
    01-12-10 04:44 PM
    Works great for me. Thanks
    03-23-10 05:39 AM
    Great, everythig was flawless, and all with wifi. Wish all works this well on our BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 10:26 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD