Hi,

-I am new to Blackberry...can i ask how to download to have the Weather icon on my phone?

-Can I actually get a unlimited data plan and use my blackberry phone as a modem on my laptop to surf the net (like a Nokia phone)?

-I realise whenever I receive a call, the ringer tone only ring for a short duration (compare to Nokia phone)...and by the time I try to answer my blackberry, it cuts off and I have a Missed call....Is there a setting for this?

tks
    09-28-08 03:38 PM
    Hi,

-I am new to Blackberry...can i ask how to download to have the Weather icon on my phone?

-Can I actually get a unlimited data plan and use my blackberry phone as a modem on my laptop to surf the net (like a Nokia phone)?

-I realise whenever I receive a call, the ringer tone only ring for a short duration (compare to Nokia phone)...and by the time I try to answer my blackberry, it cuts off and I have a Missed call....Is there a setting for this?

tks
    Yes yes and yes. There are several weather apps for the berry, the one I use is Weathereye, yes you may get an unlimited data plan it all depends upon your service provider. I have Tmobile and on occassion I use my Berry as my modem and Tmobile does not charge me extra. I do have the unlimited data plan. You can set your ringer, type of rings, ringer volume and all that which goes with it in profile settings /advanced setting.

There is a posting somewhere on this site which list apps that you can download to your Blackberry ...do a search it is a very helpful and almost complete list of most used apps. I wish that I could direct you to it but I am not sure exactly where it is, just peruse and you most surely will come accross it. Happy Hunting!
    Last edited by bpbrown; 09-28-08 at 07:01 PM.
    09-28-08 06:58 PM
    Tks so much for yr advise
    10-01-08 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD