I just purchased BEweather for my storm 2 and downloaded perfectly and it is on my phone but the problem is I can't get the icon for the weather to show on the home screen like by the date on top. I guess I should ask first if it will have a little weather icon that goes on the home screen or do I have to push the downloaded apps button and go that route? Please help.
    11-02-09 11:39 PM
    you would need a custom theme for that to work
    11-02-09 11:47 PM
    just download weather bug for free, and it does that .
    11-03-09 12:03 AM
    just download weather bug for free, and it does that .
    Sooks.....any idea where to get WeatherBug? It doesn't show up in app world for the S2 and I can't get it from their website.
    11-03-09 02:36 AM
    I found the Storm version @ http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad. I guess it doesn't officially work for the Storm2 which is why it's not in App World.
    11-03-09 03:25 AM
    Thanks for posting the link to WeatherBug. That was the app I wanted to install right away and was disappointed that it wasn't available for Storm2! Thanks!
    11-03-09 06:43 AM
    did the weather bug work and do you like it?
    11-03-09 08:19 AM
    the only thing that doesnt work in weatherbug for me is the home icon doesnt change according to weather. the info is still there and when you turn the phone the icon shos the right pic. No big deal. Im sure there will be a fix for it soon.
    11-03-09 08:37 AM
    the only thing that doesnt work in weatherbug for me is the home icon doesnt change according to weather. the info is still there and when you turn the phone the icon shos the right pic. No big deal. Im sure there will be a fix for it soon.
    On the main screen with all the icons on it....

BB button
    Options
    Set home screen layout to two or more
    save

Repeat the same steps again only change the layout to the way you had it

Now the icon will show the weather on both screens.

If you do a battery pull you'll have to do the process again.
    11-03-09 09:12 AM
    I talked to WB today and they said the free verison has not yet passed testing for being compatable with the Storm2, but she gave me the link anyways to test out (same link as above). She would not give me the link to the Elite version, but did give me a new registration code for when it does past Blackberry's testing. Anybody have the jad file for WB Elite?
    11-03-09 09:26 AM
    This is a limitation of this version of OS5. It should be fixed going forward considering .328 on the Storm doesn't have this issue.
    11-03-09 09:32 AM
    I found the Storm version @ http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad. I guess it doesn't officially work for the Storm2 which is why it's not in App World.
    Right on!! Thanks man. Can't wait for elite to come out. Just wish you could use Google Maps on this instead of BB Maps.
    11-03-09 10:17 AM
    Right on!! Thanks man. Can't wait for elite to come out. Just wish you could use Google Maps on this instead of BB Maps.
    Why can't you use Google Maps? I use it everyday on my Storm2.
    11-03-09 05:44 PM
    Why can't you use Google Maps? I use it everyday on my Storm2.
    He means with weather bug....
    11-03-09 06:12 PM
    i cant get weather bug to work, is this bc i already have a theme on my storm 2
    11-03-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD