Hi everyone!
    I have both the free versions of WeatherEye and WeatherBug yet I am searching for a free app where the icon on the background will display both conditions (weathereye) and temperature (weatherbug) without having to "highlight" the icon, since my favorite theme just sticks the weather icon in the top right corner without being able to highlight it.
    Thanks in advance!
    Happy holidays!
    Dav
    12-18-09 12:51 AM
    there is a beta of weatherbug that does that, shows the "picture" of the current conditions and also provides a hi/lo. Works pretty good, had no issues with it, might be what your looking for (and free too)
    12-18-09 08:10 AM
    to use weatherbug the way you're wanting, your current theme will need to have "text always shown" for that icon placement. if not, you're only choice, i believe, is to use berryweather(or whatever that overpriced app is called ( for$10)). i think that's the only one that will put picture+temp on icon whether or not text is shown or not. someone correct me if i'm wrong on that last part about berryweather
    12-18-09 09:29 AM
    to use weatherbug the way you're wanting, your current theme will need to have "text always shown" for that icon placement. if not, you're only choice, i believe, is to use berryweather(or whatever that overpriced app is called ( for$10)). i think that's the only one that will put picture+temp on icon whether or not text is shown or not. someone correct me if i'm wrong on that last part about berryweather
    You are correct, it is Berry Weather that gives an option for a "badge" to be overlayed onto the homescreen icon with several types of info you can choose. Weatherbug only gives you the temp and hi/lo if you focus on the icon then it disappears.

I bought Weatherbug Elite and really like it, this paid version ($4.99) gives you a thermometer icon that displays constantly in your notification banner with the current temp next to it.
    12-18-09 10:39 AM
    BBWeather will do it.
    www.tateu.net Take the links for software
    12-19-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD