Yes I know I am experiencing the same thing before weather eye use to work great until I update it and been acting weird and the auto locate.. I usually have it on so I can check the weather when I am in a different area but sometime it will turn off on its own iunno why? :s

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 09:36 PM
    After waiting a week for App World to release version 2.5 to 9700 I decided to further into the situation. Turns out 2.5 is only for OS7 phone and not for any others. We are stuck with the crappy 2.4.6 version that we have all had issues with. I didn't think getting a good weather app was very difficult. Look at the iphone or Android devices and how great their weather apps function. Heck...Android even has wipers for when it rains. We can't even get one that will function correctly....VERY disappointed. No wonder RIM's share went down like a cheap hooker on a Saturday night
    09-22-11 08:38 AM
    looks like 2.5.1 is out finally!! the app doesn't launch by itself and the auto locate stays enabled! And you can see the temperature next to the icon. I love it!
    09-23-11 08:09 PM
    looks like 2.5.1 is out finally!! the app doesn't launch by itself and the auto locate stays enabled! And you can see the temperature next to the icon. I love it!
    Its not pushed out to me yet. But I look forward to an update and I hope they got it right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 08:28 PM
    Good news. Weather Eye version 2.4.6.15 was release today. I just updated so I can't comment on the app opening issue but I can inform you that the temp is now on the home screen icon. Auto-locate is not able to locate my position but I'm indoor so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Overall, app seems to be improved from previous updates. Time will tell
    09-26-11 01:23 PM
    I'm a little confuse... The weathereye app is not the weather network app?? When I go in appworld I can't download it it says it's not available for my device...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-26-11 02:22 PM
    The weather eye is the Weather Networks app. It may not be the correct version for the 9900. I know I seen they had a 2.5.0 version that was only for OS 7 phones. I believe the 2.4.6.15 is only for OS 6 and lower.
    09-26-11 02:26 PM
    I have a BB Curve 9300 3G and apparently this app is unavailable for my device.
    09-26-11 11:59 PM
    Good news. Weather Eye version 2.4.6.15 was release today. I just updated so I can't comment on the app opening issue but I can inform you that the temp is now on the home screen icon. Auto-locate is not able to locate my position but I'm indoor so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Overall, app seems to be improved from previous updates. Time will tell
    Just to clairify, are you saying the temp is constantly the icon now? Meaning it doesn't show the 'sun, moon, etc... anymore?

If so, thats really cool and I might update it. I'm just scared its going to break again, lol
    09-27-11 01:28 AM
    Just to clairify, are you saying the temp is constantly the icon now? Meaning it doesn't show the 'sun, moon, etc... anymore?

If so, thats really cool and I might update it. I'm just scared its going to break again, lol
    Both... it has the weather icon that changes based on current condition, and it also has the temperature text in the top left corner of the graphic. Very nice indeed!
    fiftys likes this.
    09-27-11 05:12 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD