I have an AT&T branded Bold, with the stock .167 OS.
    I installed Weather Eye, it works, but has a strange problem

The icon on the home screen does not update as it should
    If I look at the icon on the full screen by pressing the menu key, it is
    updated there, and doing that will make the home screen update

Any ideas?
    11-23-08 10:16 AM
    It was like that on my Curve as well. Seems like an issue with the software. Only difference with the Bold is that it updates much faster.
    11-23-08 10:27 AM
    I used Weathereye on my Curve and it was great. On the Bold, I came up with an alternative that has served me well and in a lot of ways is better. I made my custom settings for weather.com my "home page" for the default browser. there are more details and alerts than Weathereye. When I want to check
    the weather, I just pull up the page. Works for me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 10:34 AM
    no problems for me with weathereye
    11-23-08 11:09 AM
    Weathereye is awesome except it doesn't have my city

11-23-08 11:15 AM
    Nor mine..
    12-08-08 05:19 AM
    I'm having this same issue. The home screen does not update but when you launch the app let's say last night was moon with clouds and I open in the morning around 10am when the sun is ut you will see the icon updates when you push the button to the right of the green phone. Everything changes fine there. To the users who got weather eye woring and updating correctlly on the home screen can you please post your settings and phone firm ware and version OS and the exact location of the icon mine is the first icon on my home screen thanks in advance.
    02-16-09 06:38 AM
    Get Weatherbug

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad

02-16-09 10:21 AM
    Weathereye has always been this way for me.
    02-16-09 10:22 AM
    And this is why I haven't installed either one of them on my BOLD yet. Too many people saying conflicting things about both pieces of software, so I haven't been able to make a decision. For now, I'm using Viigo with the updates and such off so it doesn't kill my battery.

Chris
    02-16-09 10:38 AM
    Weatherbug homescreen icon doesn't update consistently either.
    02-16-09 10:43 AM
    Despite the home screen update problem, Weather Eye is still a convenient app to have for getting the forecast quickly.
    02-16-09 10:51 AM
    Weatherbug homescreen icon doesn't update consistently either.
    I have mine setup to update every 30 minutes and it does its job. I don't have the GPS enabled because it really doesn't need enabling.
    02-16-09 12:30 PM
    I hate how weatherbug doesn't have my city

02-16-09 10:54 PM
    FWIW, I discovered over the weekend that Weathereye doesn't work on wifi -- it only functions through the mobile network.
    02-23-09 07:52 AM
    Weather eye works fine for me ...
    02-23-09 07:54 AM
    As far as updating the temperature, its great, but it always seems to take a while for the icon to update.

02-23-09 09:12 AM
    If you're using a theme where the icons have been resized from the standard 80x80 pixels, the WeatherEye icon will not automatically update. This might explain some of the issues here.
    02-23-09 09:26 AM
    ok weather eye fixed very bold your right about that one also its a good idea to install it first things can get curropted with other apps, and beta software, i did a clean install after a hardreset and its working fine now, theres no problem with the app really just that other apps that rigs the connection settings and so forth but once the eye starts first time and sets it works also another user posted any resizing from 80x80 is also right dont resize anything if you got a theme thats small install the eye first then install your theme let the eye run and update it works fine here on so far no probs, thanks.
    02-28-09 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD