I see that on some peoples home screen they have a weather app that shows the temp with out scrolling over it. The icon actually has the temp attached. All the apps I have tried do not have this. They show clouds and the moon but none have both. I dont want to try one I have to pay for to find out its the same. Whats the names pf the apps with this feature. Thank you.
    11-10-09 12:11 PM
    when you say alert you mean it will chime if i set it to do so if its raining?
    11-10-09 12:18 PM
    +1 on berryweather! . ive used it since day one, and no complaints yet!
    11-10-09 12:21 PM
    +2 on BerryWeather... well worth the $$$$.
    11-10-09 12:24 PM
    no. It will chime if you have a tornado or heavy fog or snow alert.. Like a weather alert that may cause damage or life threatning severe. Normal weather like rain, sun, clouds and such just have a cool graphic.

i searched berry weather in the bb app world and got beweather is this the same app?
    11-10-09 12:28 PM
    i searched berry weather in the bb app world and got beweather is this the same app?
    here it is.

BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    11-10-09 12:30 PM

thank you i am downloading now lets see what we get....anybody know when it go's back on sale lol half off sounds damn good....
    11-10-09 12:36 PM
    thank you i am downloading now lets see what we get....anybody know when it go's back on sale lol half off sounds damn good....
    you`re welcome..its sometimes the "deal of the day" in the crackberry store. just keep checking and grab it when its on sale !
    i think you`ll be happy with it!
    11-10-09 12:41 PM
    BerryWeather is worth whatever you have to pay. Been on my BB since the early days of discovering CrackBerry and no regrets in my mind.
    11-10-09 12:45 PM
    this site is the greatest i have had my blackberry less than 30 days and i feel like a semi pro. Thank you all for all the help and updates. only complaint i have about my tour is the battery life
    11-10-09 12:49 PM
    Did you change your mobile network setting to 1xev from global? that could help battery life. Also, make sure you actually exit or close running programs. If they run in the background it eats battery quick.
    no the only thing i had to change was my clock to network and off of blackberry because it was off by two minutes. and how fdo i change that off of global.......and will this help with the drop calls?
    11-10-09 12:55 PM
    nevermind i am looking at it now and it says 1xev and it has a green circle next to it
    11-10-09 12:57 PM
    As for free, BB Weather's icon is modifiable, and you can show the temp over the icon without rolling over it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but for simple weather app, it works and it's free.
    11-10-09 12:59 PM
    As for free, BB Weather's icon is modifiable, and you can show the temp over the icon without rolling over it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but for simple weather app, it works and it's free.
    is this in the bb app store or in the crackberry store?
    11-10-09 01:06 PM
    Hmm.. Don't think it will help with the dropped calls that's a carrier issue. What it does is stop the phone from looking for a network you don't need it to look for here in the U.S. go Options>mobile network change network technology to 1xev from global.
    it was on global now changed, when i travel (domestically) do i need to change this
    11-10-09 01:14 PM
    Weatherbug Elite will give you the temperature listed on the home page and push alerts to your phone. Also has radar maps. I'd say go with this over berryweather as Wbug elite is $5 compared to $10 for berryW.
    11-10-09 02:51 PM
    is this in the bb app store or in the crackberry store?
    http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=BBWeatherEX
    11-10-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD