Do any of the free weather apps have memory leaks? I need to leave them running in order for the weather to be updated on my home screen but I can't afford for my phone to get slower throughout the day.

Second question, is there any way to get rid of all the AT&T icons that come from with the phone?
    01-14-10 06:29 PM
    I'd say the first question depends as much on OS build as it does the app, but BBWeather .84 has always done great for me. Haven't tried BeWeather free enough to say yet.

And no, just drop the AT&T pushed icons into a folder and hide it. You can remove them under you options, but they'll come back the next time service books come down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 06:33 PM
    Do any of the free weather apps have memory leaks? I need to leave them running in order for the weather to be updated on my home screen but I can't afford for my phone to get slower throughout the day.

Second question, is there any way to get rid of all the AT&T icons that come from with the phone?

I use WeatherEye, and I haven't seen a drastic decrease in my memory at all. However, you have to roll over the icon to see the temp--however, it does update automatically.

No, you can't. You can hide them, though, and they won't be present on the phone's homescreen. Just highlight it, BB menu button, hide.
    01-14-10 06:34 PM
    The free weatherbug is what you're looking for, no memory loss and stays updated.
    01-14-10 08:07 PM
    I am using BeWeather free and works great. Doesn't leak for me at all.
    01-14-10 08:15 PM
    bbweather version.89 (i believe) auto updates and no memory leaks for me...
    01-14-10 10:47 PM
    i've gone through a lot of weather apps just to find what works for me. this is just from my own experience, as others with different devices/apps/os may experience something different.

1. weathereye - no leaks, just wasn't good at updating (i think it works better in canada)
    2. weatherbug (free) - huge memory leak problem
    3. the weather channel (free) - even worse memory leak
    4. bbweather (free) - no leaks
    5. berryweather/beweather (paid) - not really a memory leak, but it uses alot of memory. also drains my battery and causes my phone to lag

if your worried about conserving memory, i would use bbweather; however, since i paid for berryweather, i now feel obligated to use it
    01-14-10 11:05 PM
    i've gone through a lot of weather apps just to find what works for me. this is just from my own experience, as others with different devices/apps/os may experience something different.

1. weathereye - no leaks, just wasn't good at updating (i think it works better in canada)
    2. weatherbug (free) - huge memory leak problem
    3. the weather channel (free) - even worse memory leak
    4. bbweather (free) - no leaks
    5. berryweather/beweather (paid) - not really a memory leak, but it uses alot of memory. also drains my battery and causes my phone to lag

if your worried about conserving memory, i would use bbweather; however, since i paid for berryweather, i now feel obligated to use it
    I too have been through all the weather programs and never once had a problem with the free WB.
    01-14-10 11:46 PM
    Weatherbug Direct- free but huge memory leak. Agreed!
    Going back to BB weather
    01-16-10 08:34 AM
    Couldnt have said that any better !!

Ive been thru a few free ones .. didnt work out for me too well. Kept my eyes open for a while .. then came across SimpleWeather. This App simply does what I want it to .. Cool icon on home screen with temp to get a quick glance at whats going on now .. and a forecast when Im trying to look ahead.

and I dont have a mem leak issue or a bettery issue at all . . . Only prob Ive had is one day it didnt update for a couple hours .. it started back on its own .. and hasnt stopped since .. weird
    Last edited by KoLoNjI; 01-16-10 at 08:47 AM.
    01-16-10 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD