i want a weather app like i have on my ipod touch. if any of you have one, then you know what i'm talking about. it might be on the iphone too i'm not sure. but i love it! is there an app i can just pull up and it shows the current temp for where i am?
    05-15-08 12:57 PM
    What kind of weather app are you running on your ipod touch? I am an avid weather fan and have not found a decent app download. I use Weather Underground(It would be nice if they made a direct link icon) and NOAA.
    Last edited by cap10mark; 05-15-08 at 01:38 PM.
    05-15-08 01:35 PM
    well on the ipod touch there is just an icon that says weather and you touch it and a 7 day forecast and current temps page pops up for where you are.

http://www.hacktheipodtouch.com/tuti...od-weather.jpg

that link is to a pic of the weather app on ipod touch. it's amazing.
    05-15-08 01:44 PM
    For Weather on your BlackBerry with a home screen icon that display the temp.

Weather Bug Direct: Will have 1 icon with the temp and one with the current forecast outside. Very nice a detailed, animated radars pushed weather alerts and frequent program updates.

WeatherEye: looks very nice shows the current forecast outside to see the temp you have to scroll over the icon, where as Weather Bug Direct has a direct icon for the temp. WeatherEye will you give a short term and 5 day forcast. It looks nice but does not give as much information as Weather Bug Direct.

Weather Underground is a web site and is real nice and detailed but will not give you a home screen icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 06:18 PM
    05-15-08 06:22 PM
    weather.com has an app, and I used it on my Treo for 2 years. But the trial I tried to get for my BB only had the alx file and no cod files, so I couldn't install it, and there is no OTA that I can see (handango might have one)

I don't like weather eye as it doesn't have my city listed, and it displays wind speeds in km lol. I'm decent at metric but converting to mph on the fly is not my strong suit in the metric system heh.

i have the weatherbug trial downloaded, but it only gave me one icon
    05-15-08 06:42 PM
    so where do i get this weatherbug you speak of?
    05-16-08 10:28 AM
    BBWeather .77 is working great for me. Gives you current and extended with a nice interface.

05-16-08 10:37 AM
    BBWeather .77 is working great for me. Gives you current and extended with a nice interface.

Do you have a link where we can download?
    05-16-08 10:47 AM
    Found it...for those of you who have been missing BBWeather:

OTA:
    http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather

Found at http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...n-tateu-3.html
    05-16-08 11:00 AM
    anywhere i can download straight from my phone or they'll send it to my phone?

not on the computer
    05-16-08 11:18 AM
    OTA means over the air. That's straight on your phone.
    05-16-08 11:27 AM
    well when i clicked on it it brought a screen up on my computer, asking to open or save
    05-16-08 11:31 AM
    I have WeatherBug Direct and I really like it. I like that the icon changes color when there's a watch or warning or whatever. Where I live (near Dallas) the weather can change pretty quickly, especially this time of year. You can put in your zip code and it gives you several choices of stations to choose from so you can have the most accurate temp, etc.

The link I used was blackberry(dot)weatherbug(dot)com/download. There are instructions at weather(dot)weatherbug(dot)com/labs/weatherbug-direct-for-blackberry(dot)html. Sorry for the (dots), I can't posts links yet.
    05-16-08 11:41 AM
    well when i clicked on it it brought a screen up on my computer, asking to open or save
    Don't go to that link from your computer. Instead open up your browser on your Blackberry and then go to the link then it'll download and install the application on your phone OVER THE AIR.

If you want, however, to install through the PC, I think the following will work:

1. Click on the link from your PC
    2. Save it to your desktop
    3. Connect your BB to your PC and copy the .jad file to your SD card
    4. From your BB navigate to your SD card and click on the .jad file

I think that will install the app as well but much easier if you just do it from your phone to begin with.
    05-16-08 01:02 PM
    Accuweather.com is free and it all that you could need.
    05-19-08 03:04 PM
    well i downloaded that weatherbug direct but now i have no idea where it is. it's now showing up as an application icon. help me look for it!
    05-19-08 03:35 PM
    well i guess it didn't download, though it said the download was complete cuz it wasn't in my applications menu.

when i click to save it, it asks where i want to save it. it says like sd card and pictures and stuff and i'm like huh? this is all from opera mini, cuz of course, when i go to use my regular browser, it says its unable to connect to the internet.
    05-19-08 03:46 PM
    do you need the data plan to use weatherbug? Can't seem to get it to work.
    05-22-08 11:10 PM
    i finally got it to work. i love it!

does it use a lot of memory since it's always running?
    05-23-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD