I currently have WeatherBug installed on my Bold. Any better FREE weather apps than WeatherBug?

I also heard that the Bold comes with a weather app. If it does, my Bold didn't have one when I bought it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 09:51 AM
    04-19-09 10:09 AM
    It's all subjective. Might want to look at Tronyx's site as I believe he has the major weather apps listed there (most are free).

www.hookedontronyx.com

(darn, tronyx beat me to it.)

There are also multiple threads arguing weatherye vs. weatherbug vs. BBWeather (the latter being a new incarnation of an older program - that's the beauty of open source software).
    04-19-09 10:11 AM
    on your website it says that weatherbug has a fee. I didn't know about this. Will I be charged? I got weatherbug from the app world store.

04-19-09 10:12 AM
    on your website it says that weatherbug has a fee. I didn't know about this. Will I be charged? I got weatherbug from the app world store.

That's the free trial. You need to pay for either a 3 month or 1 year subscription.

Chris
    04-19-09 10:13 AM
    I use weathereye. I considered purchasing BBweather, but it is not worth the $10 IMO. If it were $5, I would have purchased it without hesitation.
    04-19-09 10:19 AM
    It didn't say free trial on app world. It says:
    The application is Advertising supported and free for consumers.

Also, weathereye is for Canada. Can't find my town which is in the US.

04-19-09 10:22 AM
    Try berryweather. I had weatherbug until I tried the 3 day trial. I actually bought it after that. Awesome!

Just BS
    04-19-09 10:23 AM
    There's a Bold specific version of weatherbug floating around somewhere. It's pre-beta from what I remember, but so far it appears to be "free."

Edit: Found weatherbug direct for Bold: http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad

(my direct links to posts never work, but I found that link while searching for Bold Weatherbug)

Also (in the same thread that I can't seem to give a direct link to), a newer weather app - render fast � NWSClient

Haven't tried the latter.
    Last edited by applejosh; 04-19-09 at 10:41 AM.
    04-19-09 10:35 AM
    There's a Bold specific version of weatherbug floating around somewhere. It's pre-beta from what I remember, but so far it appears to be "free."

Edit: Found weatherbug direct for Bold: http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/bold/bold.jad

(my direct links to posts never work, but I found that link while searching for Bold Weatherbug)

Also (in the same thread that I can't seem to give a direct link to), a newer weather app - render fast � NWSClient

Haven't tried the latter.
    I actually just added the NWSClient app to the weather apps section of the site. Thanks Josh!

Chris
    04-19-09 11:29 AM
    I just tried Weathereye and it didn't have my city
    I'll try BerryWeather.
    04-19-09 11:40 AM
    Only thing I like about weather bug is that when you scroll over it. It gives you the high,low, and current temp. Then changes the icon according to weather. Its nifty.

04-19-09 12:52 PM
    How do I cancel my free trial to WeatherBug?

04-19-09 12:55 PM
    I've been using BBWeather (free) and I like it. I'm used to seeing TWC forecasts, so that helps. I especially like the hourly forecasts to see how the weather is supposed to change throughout the day....

The app icon is active, too, if you decide you want to have current conditions on your home page.
    Last edited by sperho; 04-19-09 at 01:03 PM.
    04-19-09 01:01 PM
    I'm happy with the weather informations from viigo.
    04-19-09 01:05 PM
    None of the specific weather apps have had my city on so i continue to (happily) use Viigo.
    04-19-09 03:03 PM
    I've been using BBWeather (free) and I like it. I'm used to seeing TWC forecasts, so that helps. I especially like the hourly forecasts to see how the weather is supposed to change throughout the day....

The app icon is active, too, if you decide you want to have current conditions on your home page.
    Where did you get BBWeather?

04-19-09 03:14 PM
    I'm on Rogers, and the phone came with a build in weather icon. But it's not really an app. The icon displays a bit of information in the name, but clicking on it just opens the web browser.

If you're in Canada/on Rogers, I would highly recommend WeatherEye. 2 Small adds, but works brilliant.
    Last edited by Xcist; 04-19-09 at 03:38 PM.
    04-19-09 03:15 PM
    AccuWeather.com
    Very happy.
    I uset it a lot. Very reliable.
    Takes a few hours. Do it at night and you will have the icon on your screen the day after.
    04-19-09 03:39 PM
    Is the AccuWeather app free?

04-19-09 04:11 PM
    Is the AccuWeather app free?

You've asked this question in both of your threads.....I don't know the answer, but before you start a third thread I tried Google. My first hit said:

"Get free constantly updated weather forecasts pushed to your BlackBerry smartphone. View radar, 10-day forecasts, severe weather alerts, and hour-by-hour forecasts with just one click."
    04-19-09 04:20 PM
    Ok. Sorry about the double threads. Thanks.

04-19-09 04:21 PM
    Where did you get BBWeather?

http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather

(Google is your friend )
    04-19-09 04:23 PM
    Is BBWeather Free?

04-19-09 04:30 PM
    I wouldn't have posted it in your thread if it wasn't free.

BTW: Download BBLight/BBWeather/BBToday/BBReply binaries (GPL source code included!) - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

and

A Google search for 'BBWeather free' (no quotes) yielded this as the fourth hit:
    New BBWeather 0.84 alpha release adds features and functions | BlackBerryNews.com
    Last edited by sperho; 04-19-09 at 04:39 PM.
    04-19-09 04:33 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD