Hello, my favorite Curve weather application is WeatherBug. I was able to install it on the Storm, but only the temperature icon shows up. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the other icon that shows the High/Low temp and the current conditions does not show up now.

Anyone have any weather applications successfully installed on your Storm? And if anyone has any suggestions how to activate the other WeatherBug icon please let me know.
    11-23-08 11:09 AM
    I'm also looking for a solid weather application for the storm. I hear WeatherBug sucks!
    11-23-08 11:12 AM
    Get weather pushed to your phone via AccuWeather Web Signals:
    AccuWeather

A weather icon should show in Downloads folder, then you can move it to your home screen.

More information on Web Signals:
    Web Signals

Visit on your Storm browser.
    11-23-08 11:56 AM
    Can you provide any details on AccuWeather and its Pro's/Con's compared to other Weather Applications?
    11-23-08 12:13 PM
    I have this set as a bookmark...

http://xhtml.weather.com/xhtml/cc/xxxxx

Put your zip where the x's are.

BTW. Copied, pasted and posted from my STORM!
    11-23-08 12:29 PM
    I like BB Weather. Here is the link: http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=bblight
    11-23-08 12:32 PM
    Are these all websites or an application you download and can run from your phone?

I don't want to have to pull up the browser everytime to get weather updates.
    11-23-08 12:34 PM
    I had Weather Eye on my curve, but it doesn't seem to install correctly on the Storm.
    11-23-08 01:07 PM
    To the OP: by default now only 1 icon appears. You can get both by following the directions in this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/weatherbug-77498/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 06:24 PM
    I would use Viigo. I just downloaded it, and it has weather on it!
    11-25-08 06:38 PM
    What weather apps actually work on the storm right now? I can't get any of them to download...or download correctly. I tried weatherbug and weathereye. The blackberry push weather didn't work either, and I downloaded viigo today but it was pretty glitchy, in fact..it wouldn't open my local weather at all.
    11-25-08 06:53 PM
    Just got AccuWeather for the Storm. Go here from your blackberry:
    http://www.accuweather.com/blackberry/push/signup.asp , and subscribe. It says it'll take up to 3 hours for the icon to appear, so we'll see...it seems pretty cool.
    11-25-08 06:55 PM
    Please excuse the noob question, but I am having an issue subscribing to the accuweather push service. I go to the link shown in the post above, and choose subscribe. I am told I have to accept the agreement terms, and there are 2 choices at the bottom of the page, Accept, and Don't Accept. The issue is, that the 2 choices are not pickable, meaning that I cannot highlight and click them, they are just blue underlined text on the page, and NOT links. How does one proceed???

Thanks,
    Tom
    11-25-08 10:22 PM
    Viigo

/thread
    11-25-08 10:31 PM
    Ditto, now that Viigo is available, it's the only way to fly.
    11-25-08 11:21 PM
    Please excuse the noob question, but I am having an issue subscribing to the accuweather push service. I go to the link shown in the post above, and choose subscribe. I am told I have to accept the agreement terms, and there are 2 choices at the bottom of the page, Accept, and Don't Accept. The issue is, that the 2 choices are not pickable, meaning that I cannot highlight and click them, they are just blue underlined text on the page, and NOT links. How does one proceed???

Thanks,
    Tom
    I got the accuweather service working fine. Did it right before I went to bed and in the morning there was the icon in my downloads folder. As for those links, if I remember correctly, I think they were just really hard to select. Try moving your thumb or finger around and trying to highlight them before clicking. I think it took me a few tries but I was finally able to eventually.
    11-26-08 12:01 AM
    does Viigo have dopplar radar though?
    11-26-08 09:01 AM
    I have installed e-MobileWeather with some success. It most definently is NOT made for the Storm, but if you turn off 'Compatibility Mode', then it works OK. It is the closest to the Fizz Weather app that I have used for years on WinMo and the Touch. As far as I am concerned, there is no weather app available that tops that one. And it is purely beautiful to boot. Here's to hoping that Fizz will port it the BB!
    11-26-08 06:52 PM

Thanks,
    Tom
    I am getting the same stupid page... I cannot agree to the TOS... I have tried the pointer mode, pan mode, cleared cache and cookies... nothing works.
    11-28-08 07:04 PM
    was able to subscribe, however, no icon in Downloads or elsewhere, any thoughts? Waiting about 12 hrs now, they say may take up to 3!
    11-29-08 10:01 AM
    Yea I subscribed to accuweather about 12 hours ago before I went to bed last night, and it's still not showing up on my homescreen, downloads, or applications
    11-29-08 10:11 AM

Thanks,
    Tom
    Same thing here. The page will not allow me to select the I ACCEPT button even using the Storm's cursor.
    11-29-08 10:25 AM
    does Viigo have dopplar radar though?
    viigo has the basic stuff on it and uses accuweather. For the more advanced stuff like hour by hour and radar it will link you to the website (for mobiles) and it works pretty well
    11-29-08 10:31 AM
    I downloaded accuweather and works good. Icon appeared after about 4 hours

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 11:45 AM
    So those who were able to accept the TOS on the site to download the software... what are your browser settings? I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of and I still am unable to accept the damn TOS!!! I like the icon on the home screen that has the current temp and when you select the icon it gives you more info in the icon descriptor... just from what I have seen on screenshots...

Weatherbug gives you the temp in the icon... but its ugly.
    11-29-08 12:21 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD