Does anyone know of a GOOD weather application for the 8130?? Thanks
    12-23-07 09:29 AM
    I've used BBWeather, which I personally I think is GOOD and it does the job for me.
    12-23-07 10:31 AM
    I use wunderground.com...it's great. Has all you'll ever need including radar that you can animate and hourly observations.
    12-23-07 10:34 AM
    I just run a Google search for "weather" and the zip code.
    12-23-07 01:34 PM
    I've used BBWeather, which I personally I think is GOOD and it does the job for me.
    Hi...I am trying to use bbweather on my 8130 (Verizon). The program downloads ok but when I try and run it I get the error message "ERROR: Invalid url parameter". I know about pushing the button twice to bring up the menu and I go to options, add my "Location ID" as a zipcode, 15085, and the "Description" as my town, Trafford. I leave 5 days alone and units as "Standard." I save that but I still get the error message...what am I doing wrong? Does Verizon have this disabled somehow? Thanks for your help.
    12-26-07 08:48 AM
    If you are NOT on BES, you should disable "MDS" in the setup.
    12-26-07 08:57 AM
    If you are NOT on BES, you should disable "MDS" in the setup.
    I am not on BES...but what is "MDS" and how do I do that? I looked under "SETUP" but do not see those initials/option anywhere. Sorry to be so dumb, can you help? Thanks
    12-26-07 09:13 AM
    Sorry, that is at the BBWeather OPTIONS screen. You will want to checkmark the box besides "Disable MDS Proxy".
    12-26-07 09:18 AM
    Sorry, that is at the BBWeather OPTIONS screen. You will want to checkmark the box besides "Disable MDS Proxy".
    THANK YOU! That worked...what is MDS anyways?
    12-26-07 09:49 AM
    You can also add a weather search field to Opera Mini. I did so for Weather Underground's mobile page.
    12-26-07 09:54 AM
    When it is enabled, it gives users on a BES system the ability to access third party applications and data required for that application.
    12-26-07 10:02 AM
    Thanks so much jsanders...bbweather works great; now if I could only get my BB Desktop to allow me to add applications life would be perfect! Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
    12-26-07 10:10 AM
    Have you installed the BB device software yet? You need that in order to use the DM app manager.
    12-26-07 10:42 AM
    I too am having BB desktop issues so you are not alone. I used to have a berry about a year ago and remember this was a difficult thing to get running. I am coming back from a Treo and the installer is a lot different.
    12-26-07 12:58 PM
    Have you installed the BB device software yet? You need that in order to use the DM app manager.
    I think I did? It is my understanding there is TWO programs:
    1) BB Desktop Program and
    2) BB Device Software
    I followed the instructions as far as I can tell; the one disk that came with my BB...can you provide the step-by-step? Thanks!
    12-26-07 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD