Well for some of us the weather would play an important roll travelwise hence businesswise......We are currently running BerryWeather with WBug Elite as a backup. And that 'you need to get a theme or app with an icon spot for it' doesn't even apply anymore, we updated to 2.0.63 in the 9700 and in the 'Settings' menu within BWeather there is a 'Homescreen Wallpaper' option with multiple options to personalize to your liking...........so it shows and updates rather big in your homepage !! LOL
    12-16-09 06:00 PM
    Meant 'role'.................yes as we roll..............................
    12-16-09 06:04 PM
    Did you check the CB App Store?
    Yep.. still 9.99.. LOL
    12-17-09 04:04 PM
    Whoppo... I could have sworn I asked this before, but I can't find it. What is the icon in the upper left.... Almost looks like an archery target with a star in the middle..

Thanks

BerryWeather. It's not free, but it's by far the most popular and preferred weather application. If you're using a theme that has an extra slot for a weather app, it'll fill that nicely. Otherwise, you can position in as one of the default icons along the bottom of the screen.... or... yes... a third option, it has the ability to overlay the info on your wallpaper.

Here's a shot of the 3G9700 theme with a top-center icon slot, filled by weatherberry:

12-27-09 01:52 PM
    Any recent deals on WeatherBerry 2.0... my trial is about to run out.. will probably have to bite the bullet and pay the $10.. really like it....

If anyone knows of any deals let me know, or codes etc...
    BB App world has it half price. So does blackberryapps.com. Hopefully it is ok to post this here.... If not I apologize.
    12-27-09 08:39 PM
    Anyone have the OTA for one of these for a 8900?
    12-27-09 10:38 PM
    I have to agree i did not mind paying the 6.99 for the app. I love being able to look at my phone when i wake up and seeing what the weather will be for the day.
    besides if your like me. you grab your phone as soon as your eyes open anyway. haha
    01-30-10 11:01 PM
    I've been looking for a free weather app with real-time updates for my home screen also. The closest thing I've been able to find is this:

blackberry.weatherbug.com/download

It gives a little temperature gauge that you can look at while it's in the weather slot. However, it appears to be browser based. This means that, when you click on the icon, it takes you through your browser to check out the basic forecast details.

So far, I like it. It gives me a basic temperature idea for my weather slot and I can choose to use something very basic for free. Maybe this is what a few of you are looking for.
    01-31-10 12:44 PM
    double posted
    Last edited by itullus; 01-31-10 at 12:48 PM. Reason: double post
    01-31-10 12:47 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD