is there an app for weather that will show up on the home screen like if the sun is shinning or if its raining it shows rain and temp. or is that only with themes and if its themes is there a free one that keeps most of the icons the same?
    05-10-10 09:35 PM
    It is the theme that displays the weather icon.

You can get free weather apps, like the free version of Beweather which is what I would recommend. I would even recommend the paid version of it as well, look for it to go on sale 50% off.

The 9700 also has its own subsection in the forum for themes where you can find a ton of great free weather enable themes.
    05-10-10 09:39 PM
    thank you any recommendations on themes? i dont want my icons changing a ton
    05-10-10 09:41 PM
    Berryweather or weatherbug app; I prefer berryweather. Then you'd get a theme with a weather slot, most themes already have a slot.

Check out the theme section of the forums, there's tons over there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 09:41 PM
    thank you any recommendations on themes? i dont want my icons changing a ton

It depends on what you like. Do you like showing off your wallpaper? Clutter free homescreen? Most themers will post a few pictures and a brief description of what their theme is all about....as the members are telling you get over to the theme section ASAP and look for one that suits you.

Also, look at the show off your 9700 screen thread...you will get a lot of ideas for themes in that thread.
    05-10-10 09:45 PM
    im over there looking going back and forth and i dont want another cluttered i want as close to as it came but ill give these a look over there and try some out. o another question about buying. when i buy an app does it got to my at&t account or will i be able to put my card number in?
    05-10-10 09:48 PM
    Credit # not account number

Once you set up account with modihand or cb store you'll just need to log in and that's it.
    05-10-10 09:52 PM
    ok thanks and i found the theme perfect thanks for your help guys
    05-10-10 09:58 PM
    If you have the paid version of Berryweather, it is possible to display the weather icon on the home page even if you do not use a theme with a weather slot.
    05-10-10 10:00 PM
    well i downloaded a theme that had a weather place on it real simple on then downloaded just the weather channel app since it was free to try but it didnt show up like i wanted it to where it shows the sun or the clouds and stuff.
    05-10-10 10:14 PM
    Weathereye
    05-10-10 10:29 PM
    ill try that one thanks
    05-10-10 10:38 PM
    that ones ok it just doesnt do my town it does the city below me tho, can someone check and see if the beweather does 30143 so i dont waste the money if it doesnt please.
    05-10-10 10:43 PM
    berrywather - bottom line best app I have ever bought and the theme I use isHypaereon Sliq-- its free
    05-10-10 10:50 PM
    that ones ok it just doesnt do my town it does the city below me tho, can someone check and see if the beweather does 30143 so i dont waste the money if it doesnt please.
    I checked berryweather. Jasper, Georgia 56 degrees. Berryweather has a trail version if you want to try before spending the $ on it.

05-10-10 10:56 PM
    BeWeather also has it's own desktop wallpaper where it shows the current conditions and temp without the need for the app to be on the home screen. You can have whatever background you want, and you can position the weather icon and conditions however you'd like.

05-11-10 07:39 AM
    I use the paid version of weather bug. I like it a lot. I can have my phone alert me when a weather alert for my area pops up which is really nice considering how fast the weather changes here. It also has local webcams around me so I can animate them and see what the weather is like around the city.
    05-11-10 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD