Is there a good weather application that displays the current temperature on the home screen? I am looking for something where I can just glance at the home screen to see what the weather is like without having to enter the program every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 08:15 PM
    Weather Eye will display temp if you roll the trackball over the icon but it isn't all that accurate and they don't seem to have a lot of cities to chose from.
    05-20-08 08:27 PM
    I use Weathereye. No issues with accuracy here, but I suppose it depends on where you are.
    05-20-08 08:32 PM
    I also use Weathereye and have had no problems at all. I find it quite accurate. But as stated above, might depend on the city you live in.
    05-20-08 09:37 PM
    I use WeatherBug Direct for BlackBerry. It gives 2 icons. 1 for the current temp and 1 icon for the forecast. I like it a lot, plus it has direct link to their site.

05-20-08 09:58 PM
    WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry

05-20-08 10:05 PM
    I tested it out and it was just what I was looking for. Very nice. Updates every 10 min.

05-21-08 01:59 PM
    Jason did you go for the weathereye or weatherbut? I have been using weathereye and have been disappointed with the updating. I have to go in to the program in order for it to update. Very frustrating. Let me know which one you went with and if it is working for you.
    05-21-08 02:10 PM
    oh my god i just got weatherbug... awesome!! and a cute bug on my homescreen?? yeah!!

wait.. did that make me sound too much like a girl? eh. at any rate, thanks casper!!!
    milkman96 likes this.
    05-21-08 02:13 PM
    I used weatherbug. So far so good.

05-21-08 02:14 PM
    Is weatherbug better then weathereye. I have weathereye and it is pretty good but like everyone is saying not many cities to pick from. It also only updates every 30 minutes.
    05-21-08 02:17 PM
    Is weatherbug better then weathereye. I have weathereye and it is pretty good but like everyone is saying not many cities to pick from. It also only updates every 30 minutes.
    i have never personally used weathereye, but i already love weatherbug. you can set your updates to 10 minute intervals for more accurate, up-to-date information. and i had no problem finding scottsdale in there, so i would assume the cities you have to choose from are relatively extensive.
    05-21-08 02:20 PM
    Weather Eye is amazing, its very accurate. Only down-side, sometimes when you put your city in they dont have it. So you have to use the nearest biggest city.
    05-21-08 02:26 PM
    Weather Eye > Weatherbug

Try it out for yourself.
    05-21-08 02:33 PM
    Jason did you go for the weathereye or weatherbut? I have been using weathereye and have been disappointed with the updating. I have to go in to the program in order for it to update. Very frustrating. Let me know which one you went with and if it is working for you.
    I had this same problem until i figured out that you're not supposed to close out of the program - just let it run in the background and you won't have this problem anymore.
    05-21-08 02:33 PM
    I went to the weatherbug website and it appears there is a monthly fee. Weather and forecast information on WeatherBug.com
    05-21-08 02:49 PM
    oh my god i just got weatherbug... awesome!! and a cute bug on my homescreen?? yeah!!

wait.. did that make me sound too much like a girl? eh. at any rate, thanks casper!!!
    you are a girl, aren't you?

back to the topic,
    There are 3 things that "bug" me about the weather bug
    1. it used 2 icons, instead of 1 like weathereye.
    And I have to have both of them on homescreen ( not hide them), need to show "Direct" for current Temp and the "Forecast" for the weather( rain / snow/ cloudy etc).

2. hassle to make any changes.
    Need to go to Option on the main menu, not on the actual app itself.

3. weatherEye interface is better than WeatherBug.

On the other hand, these are the weather bug strong points:
    1. more accurate weather reports with multiple weather stations to give a pin ( should we said "bug' ) point accuracy
    2. more city / area weather selections
    05-21-08 02:50 PM
    I also use weather eye and love it!! I might take a look at weatherbug but I doubt I will like it as well!

05-21-08 02:54 PM
    I had this same problem until i figured out that you're not supposed to close out of the program - just let it run in the background and you won't have this problem anymore.
    what do you mean by not closing out of the program? when I go in to the program the only way to close it is to click on the BB button and then go to exit. I am confused. please clarify. Thanks!!
    05-21-08 02:55 PM
    I went to the weatherbug website and it appears there is a monthly fee. Weather and forecast information on WeatherBug.com
    They have several version, to get the free one, make sure you get the Weatherbug DIRECT not the Weatherbug MOBILE
    05-21-08 02:58 PM
    you are a girl, aren't you?
    true, i am of the female variety.

i went to blackberry.weatherbug.com/download and there was no mention of a fee.... i would recommend this route.
    05-21-08 03:08 PM
    what do you mean by not closing out of the program? when I go in to the program the only way to close it is to click on the BB button and then go to exit. I am confused. please clarify. Thanks!!
    Nope, by exiting/closing the program like that, it won't update the icon on your desktop like it's supposed to. Try opening weathereye and instead of exiting the program like you mentioned, just hit the red "end call" button - that should bring you back to your desktop and leave weathereye "open" and running in the background. Try that, and the icon will update like it's supposed to. (I've found that it doesn't update itself 100% of the time like it's supposed to, but by using this method, it'll do it about 80-90% of the time...but this is freeware, so I'm not complaining.)

As for the accuracy and not updating frequently enough, i don't get it guys. Does it really make that much of a difference if the forecast is off by 3 degrees?...even 5 degrees? Professional wethermen on tv are just as unreliable (and so is weather.com - i mean, WEATHER.com - they only do one thing: weather, and it's rarely right!) And, honestly, who needs weather updates more often than every 30 minutes? Heh. I agree that it's limiting to not have many locations available for us to check the weather in, but personally I think weathereye does exactly the job that it's supposed to do; it's a quick little program that runs on our desktops, updates itself so that you don't have to open the program all the time, and is free.

We all love our BB's and we all want them to run perfectly and not have any bugs or lame programs or be cluttered with useless files, but nothing's perfect.

Just my $0.02.
    05-21-08 03:24 PM
    As for the accuracy and not updating frequently enough, i don't get it guys. Does it really make that much of a difference if the forecast is off by 3 degrees?...even 5 degrees? Professional wethermen on tv are just as unreliable (and so is weather.com - i mean, WEATHER.com - they only do one thing: weather, and it's rarely right!) And, honestly, who needs weather updates more often than every 30 minutes? Heh. I agree that it's limiting to not have many locations available for us to check the weather in, but personally I think weathereye does exactly the job that it's supposed to do; it's a quick little program that runs on our desktops, updates itself so that you don't have to open the program all the time, and is free.

We all love our BB's and we all want them to run perfectly and not have any bugs or lame programs or be cluttered with useless files, but nothing's perfect.

Just my $0.02.
    for me personally, i do want something that is accurate and up-to-the-minute. why, you ask? simple: i live in arizona, where its about a million degrees farenheit year round, and we who live here like to sit around and complain about how hot it is all the time. i just want to be able to throw accurate complaints out there.
    05-21-08 03:31 PM
    for me personally, i do want something that is accurate and up-to-the-minute. why, you ask? simple: i live in arizona, where its about a million degrees farenheit year round, and we who live here like to sit around and complain about how hot it is all the time. i just want to be able to throw accurate complaints out there.
    Accurate complaints

That's an awesome quote! Love it...

Just say....well, 30 minutes ago, it was hotter than ****. I'll let you know in 5 minutes what it's like now
    05-21-08 03:37 PM
    I like using www weather com. The Weather Channel Mobile. It takes just a few seconds to pull up and enter my zip. I then can get an hourly forcast or a 10 day forecast. I also like using the web because it saves on memory. Just bookmark it.
    05-21-08 04:02 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD