I have a weather app which shows up as just an icon but when I scroll over it I can see the current weather, does this mean that its constantly draining the battery?

Also are there any extended batteries I can get that don't need a new cover and that are actually good and worth it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 02:55 AM
    I use weather eye, I have found the added battery drain to be negligible. It only checks every 30min.

Seidio makes a battery that fits the stock battery door which is about 10% more powerful then stock. You have to decide if that improvement is worth the price.
    01-01-09 08:26 AM
    I use weather eye, I have found the added battery drain to be negligible. It only checks every 30min.

Seidio makes a battery that fits the stock battery door which is about 10% more powerful then stock. You have to decide if that improvement is worth the price.
    +1 for weather eye, great program and I dont see any affect on the battery.
    01-01-09 11:48 AM
    I'm going to brag. My first Bold = fail. My second Bold can go three days with moderate use without me having to charge it. Snap!

And to answer your question, the Weather App updates every few hours so unless you click to open it (in which case you're using the browser) then no, you aren't draining battery.
    01-01-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD