I was wondering if anyone knows of a hardcore weather app available for the BB. I am looking for something that has the storm attributes table available, can give me the directional arrows, and will also indicate other doppler radar features like MESO, TVS, VIL, Hail, etc. Any help is appreciated. I don't mind if I it has a fee attached to it. Thanks.
    11-20-07 10:29 AM
    I don't know if it's hard core enough for you (probably not, since you lost me with all those abbreviations in your post), but of the handful of weather apps I tried out, AccuWeather.com Premium v3.0 was the best by far. One other thing that might help you out, you can set up 'viigo' for feeds from the NWS for warnings, etc. Stay safe.
    11-22-07 08:05 AM
    It looks like there really isn't an app out there yet that will do this, and since I am not an app developer, I am not going to try to figure it out. I guess I will have to stick with Weather Underground or just get a WeatherTap account.

EDIT: For anyone who is interested, I found a program for weather that as far as I can tell is free. Go to WXSYS® - On Demand It looks like it uses the NWS data for the forecasts and the radars. They have versions for both local and marine that are free. If you want the aviation version, there is a subscription per month.
    Last edited by fyrfyter; 11-26-07 at 08:05 AM.
    11-22-07 12:52 PM
    this is an old post, just wondering if you found anything out there. and if you did do you like it?
    05-16-08 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD