I have the Be Weather AP on my new Blackberry Storm 2 and I have the app on my home screen. It does not seem to update while on the home screen and I want to know why. When I click the blackberry app button all my apps come up and the weather app is updated on that screen but when I return to my home screen it is not updated. I did discover that on the apps screen I can move the be weather app over one spot and then exit to the home screen it is now updated. Please help if you know how to fix this, if it can be.
    11-09-09 07:12 AM
    I have the Be Weather AP on my new Blackberry Storm 2 and I have the app on my home screen. It does not seem to update while on the home screen and I want to know why. When I click the blackberry app button all my apps come up and the weather app is updated on that screen but when I return to my home screen it is not updated. I did discover that on the apps screen I can move the be weather app over one spot and then exit to the home screen it is now updated. Please help if you know how to fix this, if it can be.
    This is a known issue with the 5.0OS. Some people suggest moving it from one spot to another and then back. It doesn't affect me as I use the today screen.
    11-09-09 07:21 AM
    As gtstang said, it is a known issue with the OS. Bellshare is hoping it will be fixed in the next OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 01:54 PM
    You can also set your screen to a different row, save the change, and it will update. (Then change it back if you like.)
    11-09-09 01:56 PM
    you can also go under options... set your home screen layout to 3 rows... save.. exit.. and then go back to options and set it back to your original home screen layout setting... takes a few seconds but works!
    Last edited by rynoondew; 11-09-09 at 01:58 PM. Reason: he beat me to it
    11-09-09 01:57 PM
    All of the above "fixes" only work once. Meaning if you move the app over a slot then move it back you *will* get an update on your homescreen, but the app won't continue to update. Because it can't. With BerryWeather I still get the current temp updated, which is good enough for me until a fix is implemented. I can look out the window to see if it's cloudy :P
    11-09-09 02:03 PM
    once i perform the fix i mentioned.. my icon changes the rest of the day.. only time i have to fix it again is when I do a battery pull
    11-09-09 03:31 PM
    I am having the same probs too.

Let's hope this is fixed soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 03:39 PM
    once i perform the fix i mentioned.. my icon changes the rest of the day.. only time i have to fix it again is when I do a battery pull
    Interesting. I'll give your method another shot. I always went 1 row, save, then back to two. Out of curiosity are you running a custom theme or the stock S2 theme? Thanks.
    11-09-09 03:57 PM
    I have tried all the fixes and my icons do not continue to update. It's weird that this seems to work for some people but not others, not sure what the variable is that makes mine not work. I have two icons that I would like to update on the home screen, BeWeather and Live Messenger, I have wondered if maybe the fixes only work if you have one "updating" icon on your home screen, but I have not tried experimenting with this yet.
    11-09-09 04:39 PM
    i have the same problem and for the price i spent for this app i want it fixed asap. for a paid app all mess up should be fixed asap.
    11-10-09 09:45 AM
    The good news is the text for the icon continues to update so just the little image does not.... Once the widgets come out and a weather widget comes we won't even care anymore!
    11-10-09 01:22 PM
    you can also go under options... set your home screen layout to 3 rows... save.. exit.. and then go back to options and set it back to your original home screen layout setting... takes a few seconds but works!
    I tried this with my storm 2 and it didn't work. I tried it several times and no sucess, I hope they come out with a fix for the home screen icons to update.
    11-11-09 04:38 AM
    the method of moving the icon screen around or just down a row worked for me ..thanks fellow crackberrians!
    11-19-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD