I downloaded 4.7 for my tour and it works perfectly.
    07-25-09 04:18 PM
    Before I chime in, thanks for all of your information about the app. I downloaded it and I am very pleased. I am going to buy it real soon.

Re: version, I'm running 4.7 version and it seems fine. I did notice having to scroll down to view full profile though. Maybe this is the primary difference?

I have another question about using the app though. I am not satisfied with the default radar it supplies. Can anyone assist me in using a custom radar? I played around with it but couldn't figure it out also, if any of you use a custom one, I'm curious- what are you using instead if anything at all?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 04:26 PM
    Free weather apps on the BB have always been a pain point compared to the Iphone. Weatherbug is a joke on your battery life. Since I've removed it from my Tour, I've noticed significant battery life improvement. I had it on my Bold, and I don't think it was as bad. Weather Eye only has limited cities and forecast seems to be off often. I am ready to pay the 10 dollars for Berry Weather (aka BeWeather). It's GPS functions are great, fully customizable app from forecast types to homescreen icons and seems pretty accurate. I wish they had longer than a 3 day trial, but it is what it is.
    07-25-09 04:49 PM
    Hows the battery life on berryweather?
    07-25-09 06:05 PM
    Blackberry Weather is my favorite. Why on earth would you pay $10 for a weather app? Seems ridiculous to me.
    07-25-09 06:21 PM
    Does anybody have any advice or setting up a custom radar map with berry weather? I'm not satisfied with the default.

07-25-09 11:13 PM
    Does this thing drain battery life due to the regular updating?
    07-25-09 11:56 PM
    Does anybody have any advice or setting up a custom radar map with berry weather? I'm not satisfied with the default.

I agree, i'd like to know about this too.
    07-26-09 07:05 AM

I haven't done it but it seems pretty easy. Go online and find the URL of a radar map that you like, copy and paste it into the custom map URL location.
    Try that and respond with the outcome.
    07-26-09 07:14 AM
    You can also buy it on App World... just a thought. It works with 9630 from there.
    07-26-09 07:49 AM
    I paid 10 dollars for a weather app out of convenience. I love having it at my fingertips and to me, it was worth the money. The Free apps just don't cut it. Visiting weather.com takes minutes if you want a detailed forecast, time is money!!!
    07-26-09 08:18 AM
    Is there any app or website that will give me a free animated radar map? It is really the sole purpose of the app for me.
    07-26-09 10:05 AM
    Does this thing drain battery life due to the regular updating?
    I'd like to know this as well. I have the 3 day trail on right now and I don't notice any significant battery drain but we'll see. And I don't know if it's BerryWeather or what but when I lock my phone there seems to be a small lag time when unlocking it.

07-26-09 10:48 AM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/berr...torial-254818/
    07-26-09 11:34 AM
    I'd like to know this as well. I have the 3 day trail on right now and I don't notice any significant battery drain but we'll see. And I don't know if it's BerryWeather or what but when I lock my phone there seems to be a small lag time when unlocking it.

I was kind of wondering the same thing...how does the battery life compare using Berry Weather as compared to Weatherbug?

And, do you have to select "send to background" to keep the dynamic icon showing? Even though Weatherbug is updating every XX hour, it is not shown in the Switch Application menu. How does mem/performance of the phone compare as well?

07-26-09 11:37 AM
    Blackberry Weather is my favorite. Why on earth would you pay $10 for a weather app? Seems ridiculous to me.
    So you could have multiple weather locations that you could browse/update all at once, excellent radar, best interface.

BerryWeather is one of those must-have apps. Just download the trial, and see for yourself.
    07-26-09 12:00 PM
    I was kind of wondering the same thing...how does the battery life compare using Berry Weather as compared to Weatherbug?

And, do you have to select "send to background" to keep the dynamic icon showing? Even though Weatherbug is updating every XX hour, it is not shown in the Switch Application menu. How does mem/performance of the phone compare as well?

The same. I had Weatherbug and now I use BerryWeather. Just because it's not shown in the app switch menu doesn't mean it's consuming battery or using data fyi.
    07-26-09 12:01 PM

That lag time is inherent with the tour, and it still occurred before installing BerryWeather. At least I didnt see it with my Bold.
    07-26-09 12:02 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD