Greetings.... Just picked up a tour last week. It is my first BB experience. Since picking it up I've been searching high and dry for the best weather app out there. I've tried the weatherbug one (wasn't impressed). I've tried to use weather.com's mobile site as well as a few others and I am still not dazzled.

I've read a lot about a program called BerryWeather, but haven't seemed to be able to find it in either RIM'S App World or CB App Store... Not sure why this is? Can anybody clue me in to where I could find this app, or even if it is worth it? After sifting through a couple threads it seems like one of the best out there.

Also, I wasn't sure if the newest version of this app would work on the tour anyway? New OS?

Anyway, any clarity you guys can give me on this topic would be much appreciated. Or even just your favorite weather apps!

Thanks
    07-24-09 08:14 PM
    Bellshare - BerryWeather

Works perfect on the Tour
    07-24-09 08:19 PM
    I use BB Weather and love it, very accurate and you can customize the font and the homescreen icon, best of all it's free...

http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=BBWeather
    07-24-09 08:23 PM
    Does Berry Weather use much memory?
    07-24-09 09:01 PM
    BerryWeather is the best. But WeatherBug suits my needs.
    07-24-09 09:18 PM
    Does Berry Weather use much memory?
    No and it is the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:18 PM
    I would try them all - see which one works best for you. I use berryweather and I like and it is worth the money. You can try it free for 3 days.
    07-24-09 10:21 PM
    I just tried BerryWeather and I'm ready to shell out $10. I downloaded the trial directly from the bellshare site. To buy it they direct me to mobihand or crackberry store, which is the same place I think. In any case, I tell the site that my phone is Tour and it tells me that berryweather is not compatible with my phone, and doesn't show me an option to Buy. Am I missing something, or should I tell the site I have BB Bold? Anybody else run into this?

Thank you.
    07-25-09 11:21 AM
    Every place I look it states taht BerryWeather is not compatable with the Tour????? Is it or not??
    07-25-09 11:32 AM
    Every place I look it states taht BerryWeather is not compatable with the Tour????? Is it or not??
    I have BerryWeather running on my Tour and it works like a charm.
    07-25-09 11:39 AM
    I didn't see anything say it's not compatible on Bellshare - BerryWeather and just downloaded the version for OS 4.7 and newer. Works ok as far as I can tell on my Tour. Not sure how to buy it now that the trial will expire tomorrow.
    07-25-09 11:40 AM
    You actually want to download the 4.2 and newer version not the 4.7 version as that is for the Storm only model. Read about that on their forum here: www.bellshare.com • View topic - support for the Tour

It is compatible with the Tour, download the bold or 8900 version and it should work fine. I am running it on my Tour for two weeks now.
    07-25-09 11:42 AM
    Is Beweather on app world the same thing as berry weather?
    07-25-09 11:55 AM
    I just saw that posting on their forum too. I thought the layout was a little weird, I had to scroll up and down to see weather and forecast. Makes sence now that I know it was made for a longer Storm screen. Getting the correct version now.

How did you pay for yours? You tell the crackberry store that you have Bold and not Tour?
    07-25-09 11:56 AM
    im looking for a good app also, one that has a good radar
    07-25-09 11:59 AM
    Berry Weather is th best and has radar. It is not the same as BBWeather.
    07-25-09 12:01 PM
    I just saw that posting on their forum too. I thought the layout was a little weird, I had to scroll up and down to see weather and forecast. Makes sence now that I know it was made for a longer Storm screen. Getting the correct version now.

How did you pay for yours? You tell the crackberry store that you have Bold and not Tour?
    I purchased it via Mobihand here: BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software
    You can buy and send the download link to you BB. They will also let you know if there is a version upgrade to download too.
    07-25-09 12:06 PM
    You actually want to download the 4.2 and newer version not the 4.7 version as that is for the Storm only model. Read about that on their forum here: www.bellshare.com • View topic - support for the Tour

It is compatible with the Tour, download the bold or 8900 version and it should work fine. I am running it on my Tour for two weeks now.
    I downloaded version 4.7. It works great on my Tour.
    07-25-09 12:26 PM
    I downloaded version 4.7. It works great on my Tour.
    Download what you want. I only stated what their website says.
    07-25-09 12:41 PM
    Just installed the correct version and I got to tell you, I don't see any difference between this and Storm version.
    07-25-09 12:41 PM
    I have been using the 4.7 version without any issues on my 9630. There seems to a lot of confusion out there on what applications and what versions will work with the 9630 across the board.
    07-25-09 02:02 PM
    Bellshare - BerryWeather

Works perfect on the Tour
    I use this one as well. It's the best I've been able to find.
    07-25-09 02:46 PM
    I have yet to try berryweather but look up weather undergrounds mobile site, great animated radar and normally pretty spot on.

07-25-09 03:23 PM
    Not compatible and not listed are two different things. I have never seen anything that said "not compatible". Many of these apps information pages have not been updated to list the 9630.
    07-25-09 04:17 PM
    I have yet to try berryweather but look up weather undergrounds mobile site, great animated radar and normally pretty spot on.

Free is nice, but nothing out there beats Berryweather on the Blackberries. Trust me...
    07-25-09 04:17 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD