Why does Android, webOS, and iPhone have FB chat and Blackberry doesn't? Will we ever get it? I mean more ppl use FB for Blackberry than any other phone!
    02-23-10 02:09 PM
    I agree 100%.

I don't even use MSN anymore, I think all of my firends just use Facebook chat.

I hope RIM or someone puts out a FB chat app.
    02-23-10 02:10 PM
    Calm down for a moment. I rather RIM have their resources being used to advance development of the OS itself than to catch up with the social networking offerings other devices have.

There are many 3rd party applications, which do what you want. Nimbuzz, Beejive and IM+ are some. Give them a try.
    02-23-10 02:11 PM
    Calm down for a moment. I rather RIM have their resources being used to advance development of the OS itself and not try to catch up with the social networking offerings other devices have.

There are many 3rd party applications, which do what you want. Nimbuzz, Beejive and IM+ are some. Give them a try.
    well if they don't catch up with the rest of the world, they'll be left behind.
    02-23-10 02:13 PM
    WE dont want facebook chat.... we don't want facebook period...

look at the poopy job RIM did with the application. and you think a "chat" program would be better?!?!

use BeeJive and call it a day.
    02-23-10 02:14 PM
    +1 for Beejive
    02-23-10 02:15 PM
    I agree, but RIM stepped into the world of being social and with that, now users that have used and seen the app, they want more and more and more.... They step down, but will they let themselves hit the big puddle..
    02-23-10 02:17 PM
    well if they don't catch up with the rest of the world, they'll be left behind.
    Seriously why didn't you go for the iPhone or Android or any other of those oh-so excellent platforms if you can't find satisfaction from using a BlackBerry?

Look, RIM's expertise has always and will always be the enterprise market. BlackBerry wasn't designed for regular consumers. There are better options out there for people like you.
    02-23-10 02:20 PM
    WE dont want facebook chat.... we don't want facebook period...

look at the poopy job RIM did with the application. and you think a "chat" program would be better?!?!

use BeeJive and call it a day.
    well, they could re-do the application to make it better at least....for people who use facebook.
    02-23-10 02:21 PM
    Seriously why didn't you go for the iPhone or Android or any other of those oh-so excellent platforms if you can't find satisfaction from using a BlackBerry?

Look, RIM's expertise has always and will always be the enterprise market. BlackBerry wasn't designed for regular consumers. There are better options out there for people like you.
    first of all, calm down. second of all, dont talk down to me like im some uneducated person. Im a college student and Blackberry is very helpful to me in more ways than one. But i do use facebook and i simply just say that facebook chat would be pretty cool to have right on my phone.
    02-23-10 02:26 PM
    first of all, calm down. second of all, dont talk down to me like im some uneducated person. Im a college student and Blackberry is very helpful to me in more ways than one. But i do use facebook and i simply just say that facebook chat would be pretty cool to have right on my phone.
    Why not use VodaFone update?
    02-23-10 02:27 PM
    Really? People actually use that piece-of-crap, poorly integrated, horribly designed chat app on Facebook? Well, if you really want it, get NimBuzz.
    02-23-10 03:02 PM
    They should fix the Facebook app before they try adding anything else to it. But yeah, kudos to BeeJive.
    02-23-10 04:15 PM
    Any othe free facebook apps? I'm getting pretty tired to crappy app from RIM. It would be nice to have a FB app that would work off wifi if lousy bb service goes down. I mean its very likely to happen. Isn't it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 04:17 PM
    Beejive works for me also....
    02-23-10 05:33 PM
    So just checked out Beejive and it works with FB but only to work as chat? So its not a full facebook app?

02-23-10 06:45 PM
    Nimbuzz works fine for me.

02-23-10 07:47 PM
    Palringo is another app with fb chat
    02-23-10 09:41 PM
    So just checked out Beejive and it works with FB but only to work as chat? So its not a full facebook app?
    Nope. And neither is anything else. Only RIM has access to the messaging APIs that allow things like push alerts. You're best off with Palringo, Nimbuzz, eBuddy, etc. for FB chat, the RIM app for notifications, and the browser for the mobile site, which is actually quite good. You get WiFi support that way too.

02-24-10 12:53 AM

DUDE, you have a storm 2, do you really think they released that for the business world? No, the storm was their first attempt at tapping in on the non-business smartphone market. Now that I have that straight they deff need to get their fb app up to par AND add chat. I shouldn�t have to install another 3rd party app because THEY fell short of a good app.
    02-24-10 09:54 AM
    I have tried Nimbuzz, Palringo and Instango. Nimbuzz won't work in the background and signs off when I switch to another application, Palringo keeps disconnecting and Instango couldn't connect to facebook chat. I do occasionally use ebuddy on the web, but that is not satisfactory. I did try Beejive and it worked great. I just was thinking with the new open source Jabber/XMPP there would have been a free multiplatform chat app that can handle FB chat along with the others. Honestly, I just want Trillian for my Blackberry.
    03-02-10 08:13 AM
    I have tried Nimbuzz, Palringo and Instango. Nimbuzz won't work in the background and signs off when I switch to another application, Palringo keeps disconnecting and Instango couldn't connect to facebook chat. I do occasionally use ebuddy on the web, but that is not satisfactory. I did try Beejive and it worked great. I just was thinking with the new open source Jabber/XMPP there would have been a free multiplatform chat app that can handle FB chat along with the others. Honestly, I just want Trillian for my Blackberry.
    Why dont you try IM-LITE, it is free and they say it does what you want it to do.
    03-02-10 08:20 AM

BlackBerry wasn't designed for regular consumers. There are better options out there for people like you.
    Wrong. wrong. Wrong....

This was true a couple years ago without doubt. But not now by a long shot. A Pink pearl is for a lawyer? no, its not...

Blackberry has gone after the consumer market heavily... So "go get an iphone" is not always the answer today like it was a couple years ago.... Sometimes, it is. but you cant say BB is not a consumer phone, sorry
    03-08-10 05:06 PM
    there needs to be an app solely for facebook chat, i've tried loads of these 'all-in-one' messengers and they just dont cut it...
    03-08-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD