Now I know everyone has heard about this app cause its out for Iphones and Itouches. The app is supposed to recognize any song played from a radio or other kind of playback device. Is there an app like this for the storm? If there isn't, then I challenge a developer to make it. Keep me posted..
    06-09-09 06:03 PM
    There's:

Shazam
    VZ Song ID
    And a couple of the radio apps do it aswell.

Ohh and theres SEARCH!
    06-09-09 06:06 PM
    Shazam is the one on iphone and also on blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Lennyuk; 06-10-09 at 02:14 PM.
    06-09-09 06:58 PM
    06-09-09 07:05 PM
    I tried looking for the VZW song ID on the VZ's app place and it was not there. Then I downloaded Shazam and did all the steps from the karam's thread but it didnt work. When I clicked "update later", it sent me to back the main page which asked me to setup. So I tried to click "upgrade Now" and it exited out of shazam and brought me to my storm's main menu.

CAN SOMEONE HELP?...I think I have an older version of Shazam (2.0.0) . Is there a newer version? If so could someone send me the link? Thanks
    06-10-09 01:29 PM
    I tried looking for the VZW song ID on the VZ's app place and it was not there. Then I downloaded Shazam and did all the steps from the karam's thread but it didnt work. When I clicked "update later", it sent me to back the main page which asked me to setup. So I tried to click "upgrade Now" and it exited out of shazam and brought me to my storm's main menu.

CAN SOMEONE HELP?...I think I have an older version of Shazam (2.0.0) . Is there a newer version? If so could someone send me the link? Thanks
    I can't remember how i upgraded shazam now, think i did a google search from the browser and found the install for new one. (i had the same issue as you described from inside the app)
    06-10-09 02:15 PM
    You've got to be kidding me. Do you even bother to look for anything on your own or are you that overwhelmed by searching?
    06-10-09 02:29 PM
    Wow, let's create an app just so we can tell our friends that us Storm users also have an app similar to what the iPhone has. I can't wait to hear what the next brilliant idea will be.
    06-10-09 03:02 PM
    Wow, let's create an app just so we can tell our friends that us Storm users also have an app similar to what the iPhone has. I can't wait to hear what the next brilliant idea will be.
    Yea, cus it was so original to the iPhone and all. VZW phones have been able to do this for years now with VZ Song ID. WAY before the iPhone was even and glimmer in Steve Jobs' eye.
    06-10-09 03:23 PM
    when in shazam and u select upgrade now it appears that the app has crashed and ur back at the home page of your storm.....but open up the browser and u will see it is the update page for shazam
    06-10-09 06:18 PM

Here is the OTA link to the latest version.

Shazam460 2.0.8

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 06:34 PM
    06-10-09 06:49 PM
    06-10-09 08:45 PM
    I think the OP will go away quietly now.
    06-10-09 09:14 PM
    lolol thanks

but uhh, u missed the point of my post lol, those rnt asking for the apps, those links link to threads that give info on the apps listed...
    06-10-09 09:15 PM
    lolz.... that was entertaining
    06-11-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD