One that shows the scores ,team stats, schedule ,points spread maybe some game time reminders!.... Just something that better then what we already got!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 04:26 PM
    08-13-09 04:36 PM
    If it gave live scoring I would already have it! That app is a nice app,looks great , but it needs live scoring!

08-13-09 04:40 PM
    try sending him a PM he might consider it.. seriously
    08-13-09 04:41 PM
    I think a lot of people already were giving him a hard time about when he release it ! So if that didn't change his mind then I don't think I going to.

08-13-09 04:46 PM
    I think a lot of people already were giving him a hard time about when he release it ! So if that didn't change his mind then I don't think I going to.

the latest version now have live scorings and standings via espn mobile.
    09-04-09 11:06 AM
    Not to step on anyones toes or rain on anyone's parade, but an app like this probably wont be around for a while and here is why

The NFL is absolutely crazy when it comes to copyright laws. You're probably thinking this is public data and anyone can use live scores etc but that is far from the truth. The NFL states that everything that they produce is strictly theirs yada-yada etc. So every teams score is copyright of the NFL even though it's on public tv, every stat is copyright of the NFL get my drift?

To top it all off the NFL is taking people to court left and right for using their data illegally. I just did a ton of reaserach on the topic for a fantasy football app I was going to create.

There are only a few sites that have the rights to host live scores, stats etc and they each have multi-million dollar contracts with the NFL and a company called Stats, Inc.

For developers thinking about doing this I would really look into it first.
    09-04-09 11:36 AM
    use viigo works perfect for me
    09-05-09 09:15 PM
    Not to step on anyones toes or rain on anyone's parade, but an app like this probably wont be around for a while and here is why

The NFL is absolutely crazy when it comes to copyright laws. You're probably thinking this is public data and anyone can use live scores etc but that is far from the truth. The NFL states that everything that they produce is strictly theirs yada-yada etc. So every teams score is copyright of the NFL even though it's on public tv, every stat is copyright of the NFL get my drift?

To top it all off the NFL is taking people to court left and right for using their data illegally. I just did a ton of reaserach on the topic for a fantasy football app I was going to create.

There are only a few sites that have the rights to host live scores, stats etc and they each have multi-million dollar contracts with the NFL and a company called Stats, Inc.

For developers thinking about doing this I would really look into it first.
    That's some good info DMG. Thanks for sharing.
    09-05-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD