Hi I'm looking for a way to avoid using my tracker ball button. I was thinking a script of some type to make it space + x or something I don't know.
    (to bring up the blue menu that says compose SMS)
    I know how to use shortcuts like R to reply but I can't send it without clicking the tracker ball.
    I don't even know if this is possible though.
    My button is badly damaged, I had to drill a hole through my BB so I could access the circuit with a pin so I could complete the circuit to keep using the button.

I'm also wondering how that button exactly works, if I were to tape tinfoil on the end of the pin would it make it work better? When I removed the button there was a small silver piece covered in some red plastic. Blah.
    I mean it works for now, but I'm scared I'll wear down the circuit board if I continue to shove metal things in there.

It's a blackberry 7250, I'd get a new one but with the economy I'm way too poor. I found the cell in the garbage
    03-13-09 10:26 PM
    Holy crap! You drilled into your phone because the trackball button was damaged? A new one costs about $8 through most on-line sites!

And in most cases, the enter key (and sometimes the menu key) does the same thing that clicking the trackball does. In your case, clicking the enter key on the messages app opens it, and the menu button gets to where the Compose SMS option is, no trackball click required.
    03-15-09 02:04 AM
    if you would like my professional opinion, haha, either buy a new blackberry, (it will be expensive, but worth it) or put it back in the garbage, it was there for a reason, it didnt work for the person before, so it wont work too well for you either, get a regular old phone and wait till you can afford a blackberry, the 7250 was a good phone, but if its broken it is broken, and out of warranty, so there is no way to fix it that wont cost you money.

Oh, dont drill holes through devices, its bad for the device in the long run...please either get a new one, or wait it out with a regular phone, it will be well worth the wait/money for a phone that works.
    03-15-09 02:22 AM
    It totally works. I use an allan key to complete the circuit of the tracker ball button. And I had to resolder the antenna cause of the hole I drilled through it haha. But it works!! Woo I've sent out ~1000 texts in a few days
    So.

I wanted to change my ringtone to
    youtube.com/watch?v=C65oaIHsdYM

cause I think that's uber funny. Or at least the text message sound to that.
    Does this version of blackberry support *.mp3 as message tones?
    If so how do I add it?Any special programs where I can edit my wall paper? If I type that on google heh I get screwed around lots.
    03-19-09 03:57 AM
    am I missing something here or is the trackball invisible?

[IMG]http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/sc/31289087-2-440-overview-1.gif[/IMG ]

helll if I know lol... I've never played with one. I love hearing how people come up with interesting ways to rig their bb's though.
    Last edited by ninja please; 03-19-09 at 04:18 AM.
    03-19-09 04:13 AM
    Why didn't you just take it apart?
    03-19-09 10:00 AM
    I did take it apart. There was this little metal thing that was sitting against the trackerball, and when you pushed the ball in it pushed the metal thing which had 2 levers on it, which pushed on a little piece of foil which completed the circuit which is what pushed the button. Well one of the levers was broken, and I tried crazy gluing a small piece of wire to account for the missing lever but it didn't work.
    So I was going to go buy a new one, but I don't know any places that sell that specific lever. So I just drilled a hole through my phone, for now.
    It's ok though, the hole is smaller than the size of a screw. Most people wouldn't even notice unless I told them. I just fit the allan key through the hole and it goes to the circuit board, then I twist the allan key real fast and it acts as it if pushed the button.
    I mean, if I ever come across another 7250 that has a working button, I can still pull the parts out of it and install them in my phone
    Having to solder the antenna circuit sucked though haha but it has really good reception now...
    Still, does anyone know if these things have the ability to change ring tones?
    I want to add that link to my ring tone. There's already a server that holds the *.Mp3 but I run apache so I can do it too if I wanted.

And the trackerball is on the top right of the phone about at the same height as the top of the screen. You can see it a bit.. Well I call it a trackerball it's more of a wheel?
    Last edited by cdb931; 03-19-09 at 03:25 PM. Reason: more information
    03-19-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD