I got a replacement storm and transferred all apps to it. However appworld does not seem to recognize any of them so it will not alert when a new version is available.. anyone know if there is a way to have Appworld scan the phone for installed apps and have it keep track of them in "my world"?? It only tracks the ones I have actually downloaded using the new phone.
    BTW these are all free apps so i have not signed in into an account or anything.
    01-07-10 04:39 PM
    The only way I know is to "log in" under options which is a paypal account, since you haven't done that it won't work for you. Although for some reason I thought you had to create a paypal account to download anything. Good Luck Tho.
    01-07-10 08:44 PM
    from my understanding, you have to download the apps thru appworld. if you go to the website and do it, it doesn't work. example: BBM. go to blackberry.com/messenger from your browser and download the newest version. but AW doesnt recognize it because there's no record of you getting it from AW.
    01-07-10 08:58 PM
    why use crapworld!? seriously i bet i can find any app somewhere else to DL and dont have to deal with it disappearing or anything like that
    01-07-10 09:01 PM
    it's good for the "most in one" mentality. yeah, we could search 50 different sites to get 50 different apps. but those who want simplicity, AW is suggested.

also, other than BBM when I went from the BETA to the official version, I haven't had any bermuda triangles happening...
    01-07-10 09:04 PM
    Open up App World
    Go to the My World tab
    Hit the BB button and show keyboard.
    Lock in the !?123 key on the landscape (or full portrait) keyboard
    Hit "34("

The program will seem to freeze up for a few seconds and then it will close. When you open it back up it should show all the apps you have previously installed.
    01-07-10 09:14 PM
    ^^^^^ confirmed!!!!
    01-07-10 09:22 PM
    why use crapworld!? seriously i bet i can find any app somewhere else to DL and dont have to deal with it disappearing or anything like that
    Hey Matt
    Do you know someplace else that has weatherbug elite?

Thats the only reason I still have crapworld I'd pay the five bucks again.
    I haven't been able to log into my world since I upgraded to my 9550.
    Its been saying "Unable to authenticate user at this time. Please try again later." for weeks now.
    Thanks

Nice tip Terrahawk! Thats a new one for me, it works great for free apps now and I'm sure if I could log in I could see the pay apps as well.
    01-07-10 10:01 PM
    Does WB Elite come with code or do you just need the install files?
    01-07-10 10:44 PM
    I have my WBE unlock code from my 9530.
    It doesn't work with 9550.
    Last edited by 420thDjB; 01-07-10 at 11:31 PM.
    01-07-10 10:47 PM
    Does WB Elite come with code or do you just need the install files?
    No you need a code for it. And there are plenty of other applications on App World that you can not download anywhere else. All of the *updated* EA games and other "premium" applications.
    01-07-10 11:57 PM
    Open up App World
    Go to the My World tab
    Hit "34("

The program will seem to freeze up for a few seconds and then it will close. When you open it back up it should show all the apps you have previously installed.

That worked great! thanks Terrahawk!
    Should put that bit of info up in the Tips & Tricks thread.
    01-08-10 09:51 AM
    Ok guys I figured out my problem. Maybe this can help someone else.

You must have a valid credit/debit card associated with you paypal account in order for the log in to authenticate.

I would have called someone a liar if they told me this previously not really just wouldn't believe em. My paypal draws directly from my checking account not my debit card never has, I've had paypal for years never needed a credit card unless I was charging something. My old card expired in september App world didn't care then why now?

Long story short for some reason to validate your appworld after changing phones I had to have a valid credit card on my paypal account.

My world logged in right after I put my credit card into paypal minutes later. I only spent a month trying to figure this out. lol I guess I should have worked harder at it.

Hope this helps someone
    01-08-10 09:33 PM
    I ran into the same issue a month or so ago. It was because of my expirerd bank card that i was using for my backup funding. Funny thing is that my backup funding is the same account as my primary funding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 09:40 PM
    I ran into the same issue a month or so ago. It was because of my expirerd bank card that i was using for my backup funding. Funny thing is that my backup funding is the same account as my primary funding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Exactly I think I may have had a debit card as a back up as well. Who would know I think appworld should at least tell you that's required somewhere.
    01-08-10 11:04 PM
    I just have to say this is a great way to get the stupid list of uninstalled programs off of app world!
    01-12-10 09:31 PM
    Open up App World
    Go to the My World tab
    Hit "34("

This has worked for me in the past, but is not working now. Is it working for anybody else?
    06-28-10 06:42 PM
    I tried the "34(" thing but that didn't work. I to would like it to list what I have but it shows no downloads since I updated the OS.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-28-10 11:40 PM
    For the Storm users that are having issues getting this to work, it's because locking the "!?123" key doesn't work anymore (it used to). See post #9 in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ho...-world-450072/

If you read further down that thread, it looks like you don't even have to hold down the"!?123" key the whole time, you can just click it prior to each #/symbol you enter.
    06-29-10 09:07 AM
    I wanna bump this thread as I have the same issue. In the link above it states to his the 123 key and hold 3 4 ( which is the equivalent of alt R S T in a keyboard phone. I have the 9700 with os5.0.0.979 and the reset method doesn't work. So how do you reset appworld to make it detect apps that weren't downloaded through appworld?
    11-21-10 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD