One of the first questions I asked myself when I started using the Gmail App on my BB 9000 was: Why doesn't this app use Pushmail? I know I can use BIS with the enhanced Gmail Plugin, but unfortunately this plugin still lacks some of the features of the Gmail app, like 2 way sync.

I would really, really like the Gmail App to have Pushmail 9and I need it also), and i think it is possible, especially because Pushmail is already available for Iphone- and Windows Mobile Users who use the Gmail App (Via Google Sync). It's a bit unfair (and annoying) to me that I can't use it on my Blackberry. And, after 10 minutes of googling and browsing through the crackberry-forums I found I am not the only one with this problem

To help change this situation I posted a thread on the Mobile section of the Google help site, asking why this problem still exists:

Why isn't Push e-mail available for the Gmail app on Blackberry??? - Google Mobile Help

To make sure Google-employees will notice this topic it is important that a lot of people contribute to it. So I would like to ask you, if you are a Gmail app user like me, to post a comment on the Google Help forum under the tread I posted, saying that you, too, would like to see push e-mail implemented for BB-users. And, if you know any people who would also be interested in the implementation of pushmail in the Gmail app, please let them know so they can also contribute.

Maybe, this way we will manage to get some action from Google fast! Thanks a lot!!
    12-21-09 07:19 AM
    I would LOVE the Gmail app to be push. BB Push email is fantastic but I can't use the threaded messaging that I need/love on Gmail. I know RIM developed an extension for this but it has a lot of issues (like not adding the email to the Messages folder).
    12-21-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD