does anyone has the wsj app verizon 1.8 i have 1.2 and they said u need a subscription in order to use after like January.. so does anyone has 1.8 version were they were still testing?
    09-29-09 03:37 PM
    Does the version make any difference? My understanding is that you need to download the app by October 24th and then you have 90 days to decide whether or not to subscribe. I would find it hard to believe that a certain version of the app will be somehow exempt from their new subscription-based model.
    09-29-09 08:00 PM
    version 1.2 is the final built and 1.8 was still beta.. so idk if it does but i think it does.
    09-29-09 08:27 PM
    I made this post about it as soon as I heard. http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ws...bb-app-316218/ There is a yahoo news article in the link that talked about WSJ charging for it but they made no mention of an app upgrade. I would assume that the new old version won't connect to the site anymore after they implement the fees. Kind of like now berry scanner worked. It made you upgrade and pay or delete the old one off because it won't work. So unfortunately it looks like I've only got a couple more weeks to enjoy this app and the WSJ, then its gone. I'm not about to pay weekly fees to read news.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 05:12 AM
    ...So unfortunately it looks like I've only got a couple more weeks to enjoy this app and the WSJ...
    I believe they're going to continue free service for 90 days *after* 10/24 *provided* you already have the app (or d/l it by that date). So, you should be able to get another 3+ months out of it, free of charge.
    09-30-09 04:57 PM
    I'm using a Storm2 on VZ.
    I'm a paid subscriber to WSJ online.

I can access the WSJ via my device by using a web link.
    The link also prompts me to download the WSJ app for BlackBerry.
    Once I download it, I get the message that it's not compatible.

Anyone on the Storm2 got the app to work?

TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04-23-10 at 10:58 PM.
    04-23-10 10:54 PM
    I have the free one from app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 02:08 PM
    Tks RC,

Good Luck
    04-24-10 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD