Hi,

I'm always wish that I can have my wallpaper change automatically throughout the day. I have found many good wallpaper for morning, sunset and night view. therefore i think it will be great to allow to change morning wallpaper during 8-11 am, nice spring afternoon wallpaper during lunch, night view wallpaper after 8pm automatically.

Since i couldn't find any, i decided try to write one. here is my work, and it is totally free!

Dragonfly Wallpaper App:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...14810/?lang=EN

Enjoy! should works with OS 6.0 and above.

Do let me know if you like it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810
    05-31-12 01:45 AM
    Just wanted to bump this thread.
    Great app; works perfectly!
    05-31-12 08:18 AM
    Try out Advance OS and LED. There is a wallpaper changer in the app.

Thread: Advance OS and LED

BlackBerry App World: Advance OS and LED

It's free as well. Great app with no crap.
    05-31-12 08:52 AM
    Try out Advance OS and LED. There is a wallpaper changer in the app.

Thread: Advance OS and LED

BlackBerry App World: Advance OS and LED

It's free as well. Great app with no crap.
    I have AO&L but this app approaches wallpaper changing in a totally different way. It does not change it randomly, but it changes the wallpaper based on a day/time schedule, so you can set a specific wallpaper for a specific time/day.
    Last edited by tsells; 05-31-12 at 09:18 AM.
    05-31-12 09:15 AM
    I have AO&L but this app approaches wallpaper changing in a totally different way. It does not change it randomly, but it changes the wallpaper based on a day/time schedule, so you can set a specific wallpaper for a specific time/day.
    Ahh... I gotcha now. Sounds pretty cool. I'll try this as well. Does it have the option to randomly change wallpapers like AO&L?
    05-31-12 09:37 AM
    Ahh... I gotcha now. Sounds pretty cool. I'll try this as well. Does it have the option to randomly change wallpapers like AO&L?
    It's time-based only so you have to pick a specific wallpaper, but you can set all days/weekdays/weekend/or by individual day. And you can set as many time slots as you want.
    So you can have sunrise/daytime/sunset/night wallpapers. You can have a different wallpaper at work than at home. And you can have different wallpaper on weekend vs weekday.
    05-31-12 09:46 AM
    Hi, do you think randomly change wallpaper feature is feature that I should implement?
    06-01-12 06:12 AM
    I'd probably make more use out of it. No biggie though.
    06-01-12 09:34 AM
    While it doesn't have the ability to randomly grab a wall paper - everything is is spot on. Love how easy it is to setup a time schedule. Very easy, and intuitive. It was also a nice touch to add a backup and restore config.

Only thing that didn't work for me was that I wanted to have a wallpaper cycle from 2300 (11pm) to 0459 (4:59am) -- I couldn't do it because the "start time" was before the "end time" -- in the interest of keeping your app simple, I can see why you'd do that - as to make it work, you'd probably need a way to be able to link up w/specific days - i.e. Monday pm - Tuesday am.

Even if you decide not to implement this, this is still a simple, solid app -- no noticeable battery drain either, plus a small app footprint. Great work!!
    06-05-12 12:38 PM
    Only thing that didn't work for me was that I wanted to have a wallpaper cycle from 2300 (11pm) to 0459 (4:59am) -- I couldn't do it because the "start time" was before the "end time" -- in the interest of keeping your app simple, I can see why you'd do that - as to make it work, you'd probably need a way to be able to link up w/specific days - i.e. Monday pm - Tuesday am.
    You just have to set up two cycles. One from 23:00-23:59 and then another one from 00:00-04:59.
    06-05-12 12:56 PM
    ...and there's my answer! thanks for the insight!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD