Hi,

I'm always wish that I can have my wallpaper change automatically throughout the day. I have found many good wallpaper for morning, sunset and night view. therefore i think it will be great to allow to change morning wallpaper during 8-11 am, nice spring afternoon wallpaper during lunch, night view wallpaper after 8pm.

Since i couldn't find any, i decided try to develop one. here is my work, and it is totally free!

Dragonfly Wallpaper App:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...14810/?lang=EN

Please enjoy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810
    05-30-12 06:50 PM
    05-30-12 06:56 PM
    Hi,

I'm always wish that I can have my wallpaper change automatically throughout the day. I have found many good wallpaper for morning, sunset and night view. therefore i think it will be great to allow to change morning wallpaper during 8-11 am, nice spring afternoon wallpaper during lunch, night view wallpaper after 8pm.

Since i couldn't find any, i decided try to develop one. here is my work, and it is totally free!

Dragonfly Wallpaper App:
    Free Dragonfly Wallpaper Changer - Download Dragonfly Wallpaper Changer - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Please enjoy!

Great idea!!! Just downloaded and set it up. The set up was easy and all seems to be working perfectly. I was surprised that the app was only 36KB! Hopefully it does not use too much CPU or battery, as it is always running in the background.
    You should also post this in the Blackberry App section of CB instead of in the 9810 section, so others will see it.
    Thanks again.
    05-30-12 09:03 PM
    main reasons post it here is that i only tested it on 9810, my own phone, although i built it on OS 6.0.

Glad to know you like it!

Do let me know if you need help!

thanks!

05-31-12 02:57 AM
    Love this app! Really impressed.
    The only thing missing would be a way to backup/restore settings to the SD Card, so that all of the prior settings can be re-entered easily after an OS upgrade.
    05-31-12 06:52 AM
    Ok, will consider backup and restore function on next release.

Glad that to know you like the app. Thanks!

05-31-12 08:07 AM
    Good idea, Great app! I will install it on my BB9780. Thanks so much!
    05-31-12 09:41 AM
    Thank You! So far so good.
    GREAT idea... even better price!
    05-31-12 10:33 AM
    Wallpaper changer pro has been doing this for me for years, I think the only difference is this can change on actual times and not on a preset schedule.

Where does this get wallpapers from? Memory card, internal storage, from CB, where? Wallpaper changer pro can pull from all 3.

Not knocking you(its great that your offering it for free), just curious as to how this differs from that app.
    05-31-12 11:15 AM
    Wallpaper changer pro has been doing this for me for years, I think the only difference is this can change on actual times and not on a preset schedule.

Where does this get wallpapers from? Memory card, internal storage, from CB, where? Wallpaper changer pro can pull from all 3.

Not knocking you(its great that your offering it for free), just curious as to how this differs from that app.
    I also have used Wallpaper Changer Pro forever (great app). But what this app does completely different is change the wallpaper based on the actual time/day to a specific wallpaper from your picture folder. So if you want a more professional wallpaper during business hours, then you can set it. And then you can set different ones for weekends, evening, etc. Or you can set sunrise, daytime, sunset, and night wallpaper according to the actual time. With this app you can set up a precise schedule when to change the wallpaper.
    Wallpaper Changer Pro is a great app for random wallpaper, but this app is much more specialized and performs a completely different function.
    05-31-12 05:35 PM
    Pretty cool! Just started playing with it but wonder how much battery it eats up. Will keep an eye on it and post back. Thanks Chrisliaw!
    05-31-12 07:46 PM
    Pretty cool! Just started playing with it but wonder how much battery it eats up. Will keep an eye on it and post back. Thanks Chrisliaw!
    Been using this app for the past day and had it set to change wallpaper every hour. I've seen no adverse effects on battery or memory (even though it shows that it's running in the background).
    05-31-12 08:20 PM
    Ok, will consider backup and restore function on next release.

Glad that to know you like the app. Thanks!
    Just did an OS upgrade and I was surprised to see that Dragonfly retained all of my previous settings. All I had to do was open the app and hit restart schedule!
    06-01-12 03:21 PM
    Seems good! Only have three settings (wallpaper) on it and one I really don't see as it runs from midnight to 6am. Tried to set it differently but kept getting a message about the order of times being wrong. We'll figure it out when I have a minute.
    Thanks for the app!
    06-01-12 05:51 PM
    Seems good! Only have three settings (wallpaper) on it and one I really don't see as it runs from midnight to 6am. Tried to set it differently but kept getting a message about the order of times being wrong. We'll figure it out when I have a minute.
    Thanks for the app!
    Hi, have you resolve the issue of time order? The checking is the start time should be later then the end time. That's the only check I have I think.

Thanks!
    06-02-12 02:06 AM
    sorry, is start time EARLIER then end time.

06-02-12 08:13 PM
    I got the times figured out but now it's not changing. I updated to the new version but not sure why I'd need the config back up and restore, still, glad it's there. I may clear the times and start over and if necessary, delete and reinstal. Still it's a great app if I can get it to work properly. Any comments on the battery drain or memory it uses yet. Currious. Thank you, Go1ndr
    06-04-12 02:35 PM
    I got the times figured out but now it's not changing. I updated to the new version but not sure why I'd need the config back up and restore, still, glad it's there. I may clear the times and start over and if necessary, delete and reinstal. Still it's a great app if I can get it to work properly. Any comments on the battery drain or memory it uses yet. Currious. Thank you, Go1ndr
    I have not seen any major battery drain or memory problems with this app. It will certainly use a little battery if you have it set to rotate wallpaper frequently. I have it set to change hourly and there is no battery problem for me.
    You must open Dragonfly and go to options and then go to restart schedule after you re-boot your device, change themes, or change/add a schedule in Dragonfly.
    Last edited by tsells; 06-04-12 at 03:18 PM.
    06-04-12 02:53 PM
    Chrisliaw,
    I just updated the app to version 1.1 and see that there now is an option to backup and restore. I backed up the settings to my SD card but I cannot find a backup file when I go to restore. What is the name of the file that Dragonfly creates for the backup? (I found a file named "schedule" but I don't want to use it unless I know for sure that it's the correct one.)
    go1ndr likes this.
    06-04-12 02:58 PM
    Thanks guys! Much appreciated!
    06-04-12 05:00 PM
    yeah, the backup file is named 'schedule'.

Strange I didn't see the update notofication from my device yet.

thanks!

06-04-12 07:03 PM
    yeah, the backup file is named 'schedule'.

Strange I didn't see the update notofication from my device yet.

thanks!
    That's what I thought "schedule" was.
    I didn't get an update notification either but it was there when I went to "my world".
    06-04-12 07:14 PM
    One feature I would like to see is that the program would automatically start after a reboot.

I have QuickPull scheduled to run every morning at 3am. So I would have to start DragonFly every time I wake up (or reboot).

Is there any way to automate this?

Thanks in advance.

Lonnie
    06-04-12 08:29 PM
    Great app. Thanks a lot for developing it! Keeps my wallpapers fresh. I also haven't noticed any drastic battery change at all.
    Really, thanks again!!!!!
    06-04-12 09:40 PM
    Lonnie, I'll be implementing the auto start in next version.

Thanks for the support!

Regards,
    Chris

lcgoldman likes this.
    06-10-12 11:19 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD