I had BerryBuzz on the default 4.7 VZW OS on my Tour, and it was working fine. (Have to use the version for "OS 4.2.1 and higher" not the one labeled "OS 4.7 and higher" due to Tour compatibility issues.)

When I upgraded to OS 5 last night, I lost the registration and settings for BerryBuzz. I re-entered the reg code and restored settings from my saved copy, which seemed to work.

But all the alerts then defaulted to "off". And BerryBuzz gave me the default warning to set all the "LED/repeat" settings on profiles to off. (I am always confused by this because there are a MILLION places to edit settings like that. It appears that OS 5 now shows an indication in profile settings that implies that a profile is inheriting defaults from another profile though. In my case I configured the "Normal" profile, and then when I edit ie the "Medium" profile, it shows "Normal" in italics in front of settings that I presume are inherited from "Normal". I wish I knew precisely how all of this works.)

So I tried removing BerryBuzz and installing the "OS 4.7 and higher" version, based on the fact that the Bellshare forums imply that this is OK with 5.0. I don't see any official response from Bellshare on this.

But that version seems to be missing any "save/restore settings" feature? And after re-configuring EVERYTHING, I do not get simultaneous notifications. Let's say I set one LED color for SMS, and a different LED color for email. I get an SMS, I get the LED/sound notification, and the reminder. Then I get an email, I get the initial LED/sound notification for the email, but it OVERRIDES the SMS notification, so now I only see the LED color for email?
    03-30-10 05:23 PM
    where did u get the buzzberry from in the first place
    03-30-10 05:37 PM
    Update: I may have been premature on the "no combined notifications" thing - it seems that I may have already entered the messaging app in SMS/MMS which canceled the LED notification for SMSes. (It still shows the "new message" checkmark on the homescreen, since I didn't actually read those texts yet.)

where did u get the buzzberry from in the first place
    App Store. But the App Store gives you the wrong version for OS 4.7, I had to uninstall it and download the "OS 4.2.1 and above version directly from Bellshare: http://m.bellshare.com/
    03-30-10 05:56 PM
    I use the 4.7 and above version on the Tour (both 4.7 and 5.0 OS), and everything has worked fine for me. I just ignored the warning the first time I fired up the app.
    03-30-10 06:38 PM
    Do you see the "settings save/restore" feature in the "OS 4.7 and above" version running on OS 5.0?
    03-30-10 06:41 PM
    Do you see the "settings save/restore" feature in the "OS 4.7 and above" version running on OS 5.0?
    Yes
    (10 char)
    03-30-10 06:43 PM
    Yes
    (10 char)
    Wow, that's weird.

I go to Options, BerryBuzz.

Nothing there about settings save/restore.

3 buttons on the bottom: Settings, Profiles, Help.

Go to Settings.

Nothing there about settings save/restore.

Am I in the Twilight Zone here?!?
    03-30-10 07:24 PM
    its the newer version
    03-30-10 07:27 PM
    Berry Buzz is a great program, but the customer support is very limited. They will respond (go to the Bellshare.com website) but the responses are brief and cryptic. So I am still waiting for 5.0. On OS 4.7, I was given a message to upgrade to the newest BerryBuzz. I have no clue if that is for OS 4.7, 5.0, or what. No options were given, and customer support simply said whatever I have won't hurt the Tour. Frustrating.....
    03-30-10 07:30 PM
    It's not under the settings button.
    When in BerryBuzz, hit the Blackberry (Menu) key. The save/restore options are in that menu.
    03-30-10 07:32 PM
    AHH, now I remember.. thanks!
    03-30-10 08:01 PM
    I just installed buzz berry on my tour and can get the LED to work, but the audible reminders are not working. I'm not sure I'm understanding the editing profiles part. I go into my profiles, click on my SMS because I want my ring tone to alert me every 10 seconds, but nothing, only the original notification tone, no reminder. But as I said, the LED flashes correctly. When I go into profiles, the only thing I see to edit are the "Set Ringtones". If I click on "Normal" I don't get anything to edit, what am I missing?
    04-01-10 02:05 PM
    I just installed buzz berry on my tour and can get the LED to work, but the audible reminders are not working. I'm not sure I'm understanding the editing profiles part. I go into my profiles, click on my SMS because I want my ring tone to alert me every 10 seconds, but nothing, only the original notification tone, no reminder. But as I said, the LED flashes correctly. When I go into profiles, the only thing I see to edit are the "Set Ringtones". If I click on "Normal" I don't get anything to edit, what am I missing?
    The reminder notification will have its own settings. If you continue down in the profile settings to OTHER you should have an option that says "SMS Reminder (BerryBuzz)" This is what is going to control the reminder notifications.
    04-01-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD