I have been offered a free copy of Tetherberry legitimately. I am presently using VZ Access to tether my 8330 with my laptop. I have an unlimited data plan with Verizon. I do pay the extra $30 a month to tether. I have had no problems with Verizon and don't want any. Are there any advantages, including cost, using Tetherberry over VZ Access? Such as reliability, ease of use, etc...I use the internet for my small business so I need no additonal problems.
    Thanks.
    06-08-09 07:45 AM
    Try TetherBerry for a month and see if it works for you. If it does then cancell your VZ Access plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 09:29 AM
    Be careful. Another user reported getting a $3,800 data bill from Verizon after using Tetherberry. Proceed with caution.
    06-08-09 09:32 AM
    Be careful. Another user reported getting a $3,800 data bill from Verizon after using Tetherberry. Proceed with caution.
    That person clearly abused the usage. It has been pointed out by others that he went over the 5gb limit by 5 to 7gb's! At .25 a MB it added up quickly.

Just limit yourself. No streaming audio or video. no YouTube or Hulu. Don't download files and you should be fine. It's the same 5gb limit you already have with VZW.
    06-08-09 11:12 AM
    But if you drop your tethering plan, then you risk the chance of being charged. The data plan on your BlackBerry only covers data on your BlackBerry not on your computer. Tethering is separate. And the 5GB limit applies to the tethering plan.
    06-08-09 07:08 PM
    I have never come remotely close to 5gb's. The 5gb limit is very hard to reach unless you stream the usual media, or download media files. Three weeks into my payment cycle I have only used 300mb.
    So even though they call the BB data plan unlimited, they know that you can't use more than 2gb's a month. Even with insane surfing on your Berry. you can only reach 5gb with file downloads and streaming media.

So even though the PC browser uses more data than the BB browser I am quite sure they can't monitor everyones data usage to prove they are using more data bursts than the BB browser.

The way the Tetherberry works is that the software on the berry tells the network that your using berry data, and since your not logging onto the VZW server with the VZconnect manager, it doesn't know any different about your PC.
    06-08-09 08:16 PM
    I use TB but I use it MAYBE once or twice a month. Just when I'm working from a coffee shop that doesn't offer free wifi. For my usage tetherberry is perfect.
    06-09-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD