So i have searched but have had no luck! are there ANY programs in which i can use on my Berry to make Voip calls using data only? My father is right now in europe and it would be nice to talk to free over data instead of making him pay .99 a min... i need a the entire call to occur over data.. any help?
    09-30-09 02:05 AM
    Really check out google voice! It take some getting use to, but after that its awesome. It can really help out with calls across the pond(low rates), and can even cut down your wireless bill, if used properly. I know it's not the "data only" solution you were looking for, but it is worth looking into.
    09-30-09 04:24 AM
    You can use IM for Skype, which can use your data connection. You would need Skypeout Minutes, because the service uses a doube call sytem, one call to your line, one call to your recipient. But, it does allow you to use Skype on a normal data connection. Probably a lot cheaper than 99 cents a minute, but it's not free, even if your recipient is on Skype because of the double-call system. You can text for free, however, to a Skype recipient via IM for Skype.

As for Google Voice, it's my understanding that it only available via invitation and not to the general public.
    09-30-09 12:42 PM
    None of the GV or current Skype apps use data. THey are not true VOIP apps. Instead, they use a local call to connect you to their network. Even the (delayed) Skype beta app was set up this way. There isn't a true SIP client available at the moment.
    09-30-09 02:54 PM
    Hi Guys! How are you all ? I am adnan from Memphis. I must
    say that this is a good forum for VOIP discussion .

During my search for for VOIP and call termination forums i found lots of forums like www .voiptm. com/vforums which is a good forum for finding Buyers/Sellers forour desired destination.

I think i have shared the beneficial information for all of you if it is true
    then please write few lines in reply.Thanks
    09-30-09 11:29 PM
    I am angry that all I read on SKYPE.com is announcements from march that skype light would be available for blackberry in MAY. well its october now, and still skype themselves makes NOTHING for blackberry. i am not wanting a third party app so much... but looks like i have no choice.

Suggestions?

TIA
    10-01-09 12:28 PM
    I am angry that all I read on SKYPE.com is announcements from march that skype light would be available for blackberry in MAY. well its october now, and still skype themselves makes NOTHING for blackberry. i am not wanting a third party app so much... but looks like i have no choice.

Suggestions?

TIA
    I think they meant THIS may. As in next year . As for OP, if you can get GV it is really simple and cheap. Not true data VOIP but I get rates as low as $0.02 per min. Other services exist on AppWorld but I have never tried any other ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 03:29 PM
    the program is that if I travel out of the country and want to talk to someone back in the states with my phone i pay verizon .99 cents a min but if i had a data only program i just use my unlimited international data plan to place the call. oh well. i cant believe no one like fring has made this application. It is def something iphone (a stupid toy phone for the most part) kicks the crackberrys **** on.
    10-07-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD