Dear CrackBerry Nation:

Happy New Year!

We need your help. As you know SmrtGuard remote wipes out your PIMS, microSD card, internal media memory storage, as well as native apps like Messages, Phone, Password Keeper.

We ALSO wipe out 3rd party application like Facebook (if it is installed). We would like to include MORE 3rd party applications.

Please let us know what other 3rd applications you feel need to be erased/uninstalled when SmrtGuard Remote Wipe is kicked off.

Thanks in advance
    01-08-10 10:22 AM
    Dear CrackBerry Nation:

Happy New Year!

We need your help. As you know SmrtGuard remote wipes out your PIMS, microSD card, internal media memory storage, as well as native apps like Messages, Phone, Password Keeper.

We ALSO wipe out 3rd party application like Facebook (if it is installed). We would like to include MORE 3rd party applications.

Please let us know what other 3rd applications you feel need to be erased/uninstalled when SmrtGuard Remote Wipe is kicked off.

Thanks in advance
    Are email and SMS included in the memory wipe? Meaning, my email accounts are still accessible due to the specific phone number. I've traded phones several times and did NOT had to re-establish the email accounts. Once activated, the email arrived on its own.
    01-08-10 10:28 AM
    Are email and SMS included in the memory wipe? Meaning, my email accounts are still accessible due to the specific phone number. I've traded phones several times and did NOT had to re-establish the email accounts. Once activated, the email arrived on its own.
    Good Question sir,

YES, all data stored or backed up by smrtguard gets wiped. We would also like to hear your thoughts on how we could best improve smrtguard for your Smartphone security needs.
    01-08-10 11:28 AM
    I would like AIM wiped too. What about flickr? I use both of those. Thanks Alinda Higgins!
    01-08-10 11:32 AM
    Heck, if I am going for a wipe, why not wipe it all? Leave only what is needed to lock the phone down with SmrtGuard.
    01-08-10 11:45 AM
    How about an option that allows US to choose which programs we want deleted? For example, I use PAGEONCE which has a lot of banking info, credit card info, etc. Is there a way to integrate in to the apps so that the deletion protocol is user defined? PAGEONCE, My Verizon, facebook, etc all save login information so that the user can access the site almost instantly. this is the info that needs to be removed to prevent access of personal information.

I think an option like this would alleviate the query for specific programs. I would suspect that you will get TONS of input which means thats a lot of programming for specific programs. I could be wrong.

***EDIT***
    I should have trademarked that idea first....LOL
    01-08-10 12:11 PM
    option to wipe beejive,socialscope and to be able to backup pictures?
    01-08-10 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD