I've seen at least two of these in the bb store. One would iirc read texts out loud as well as allow you to compose texts by voice. Does this actually work well enough to receive or send a "text" while driving? Is there a best app of this type to choose?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 04:05 PM
    I've seen at least two of these in the bb store. One would iirc read texts out loud as well as allow you to compose texts by voice. Does this actually work well enough to receive or send a "text" while driving? Is there a best app of this type to choose?

Vlingo?

01-18-11 04:43 PM
    Vlingo works very well. The more you use it, the more it learns how you talk and gets more accurate.

The only downside to Vlingo is that you have to hold down the convenience button the entire time you are talking (and it has to use a convenience button, so if you have a Torch, your one and only button must be for Vlingo).
    01-18-11 06:13 PM
    If I was an Android fanboy I would tell you about how.... aww never mind.
    01-18-11 06:19 PM
    And if I were a Blackberry fanboy, I guess I'd answer with...

I'm not a fanboy, but I suppose I do see things in BB that I suppose others do not. I bought my 9780 even after reading a lot of the bashing in this forum. And not only that, I've since, after reading even more bashing, spent an additional $70 on apps/sd.

Why, because a BB is the 1911 of cell phones. And even if (at the moment) some touch phone can do every single thing (except type) better, I'm still not a bit tempted to switch. Glocks are great, they're lighter, tougher, and "better", but should we get into the equivalent of some ssmartphone drawdown, the better shot -- regardless of who has the better phone -- will win.

01-19-11 05:43 PM
    Viigo is the way to go. Unless you want to have wayyy more apps, another platform is wise, or a second phone that's unlocked to swap the SIM between devices.

01-20-11 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD