So I just bought VNC+ (www.rdmplus.com) and I like it so far. Got it from handango for $24 (after using coupon 'luckybreak'). It's a little slow, but what should I expect when my blackberry has to constantly be communicating with my desktop. The only thing that annoys me is that the cursor is hard to control (sort of skips because of the refresh rate).

I ran into some issues with the setup, so here's some info for people that might are thinking about buying this app.....install on BB was no problem. Installed UltraVNC onto my computer, no problem. Could connect to the UltraVNC server through the viewer through my network *only* and could not get it working over the internet. I created a host name to point to a dynamic IP and changed firewall settings and did a bunch of stuff until I figured out how to allow access to the proper port via my router (should have tried that first). So check out http://portforward.com to figure things out with that before tinkering with anything else.

Overall, I like the program, but does anyone know of a better program to use? I heard logmein may have one coming out soon for the bb (I use that on my desktop too).
    If anyone wants help with this program, maybe I can (or others that are much more advanced in this stuff than I am). There's a 7 day trial to attempt to figure things out.
    09-21-08 04:30 PM
    If you find something that works better, I am very interested in hearing about it. The thought of having a VNC login from my BB to my Linux box is very exciting for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 08:29 PM
    I had the same experience with VNC+.

I have given up on trying to get it to connect to ANYTHING.

I have asked for information on how to go about using this app before and neither the manufacturer/coder or the forums here have offered any useful information.

At least at this point, I know I'm not alone...

Dm
    10-06-08 10:29 AM
    Detman - My knowledge on this issue is definitely limited, but I don't mind lending a hand if I can. Since I was able to get this working on my device I must have done something right
    Let me know.
    10-15-08 06:21 PM
    Detman - My knowledge on this issue is definitely limited, but I don't mind lending a hand if I can. Since I was able to get this working on my device I must have done something right
    Let me know.
    Trimax84,

Thank you for the offer. I will send you a PM detailing the stressful experiences and hopefully you can offer some insight into how to get this app working.

Dm
    10-16-08 11:53 AM
    Did u get this working? I'm looking to try it so I can control the mouse when my laptop is connected to my hdtv

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD