Hey guys n girls...

So I was fortunate enough to read iAndrew27 post on the new official Twitter App for BlackBerry�. I'm currently running OS 5.0.0.411 and decided to download the beta and give it a try.

Wanted to share my thoughts in a video with you guys. Hasanyone else downloaded this? any thoughts?

03-07-10 01:47 PM
    I've tried a link to the official Twitter app and I don't really like it as much as UberTwitter or TweetGenius.. I think it's nice looking, but some things still need to be worked out IMO.
    03-07-10 02:00 PM
    I've been using the Blackberry Twitter App and there's a lot about it that I do like, particularly the high degree of integration with the native OS, eg, twitter notifications in your in-box. I also like how it's not continually running in the background to keep getting updates unlike all of the other apps I've tried. All that said, it really isn't as functional as Ubertwitter. The only thing that keeps me from fully commiting to Uber is the battery life issue - don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with Uber per se, but the battery life on the 8530 is lackluster to say the least & I'm cautious about any applications that are required to keep running in the background. That's really the biggest advantage the Blackberry Twitter app has over the competition so far, but I've got my fingers crossed on the upcoming release of Uber 8!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 07:25 PM
    Hahaha I liked the fast forward bit on the reply.

What's adding media like on it? e.g. photos? And on the main timeline, if someone @'s you, does it display in a different colour like it does in Ubertwitter?
    03-07-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD