Just downloaded the latest Vlingo. This is the solution for the loss of Google on BB. You speak, "Google" and whatever you're searching. It brings it up quickly on the Vlingo app. Really impressed me. This is the first time I've been impressed with Speech recognition. And it's free (for searches, at least.) I've seen friends do the same with Google's voice recognition, but it's not available for the S2. (At least not on mine.) I was seriously blown away by this.

I also remain tremendously impressed with Opera Mini 5 Beta 2.
    12-20-09 12:36 PM
    I received a free copy of this program with the full features and it is a truly great program very helpful.
    12-21-09 09:19 AM
    You can set the option in Vlingo to use Google as default search engine. I use it all the time now especially since the Bing lock in on the browser.

I just hit the button and say search "blah blah blah" and it brings it up in a google search web page. It also its useful for calling contacts or launching apps quickly.
    12-21-09 09:26 AM
    Just downloaded the latest Vlingo. This is the solution for the loss of Google on BB. You speak, "Google" and whatever you're searching. It brings it up quickly on the Vlingo app. Really impressed me. This is the first time I've been impressed with Speech recognition. And it's free (for searches, at least.) I've seen friends do the same with Google's voice recognition, but it's not available for the S2. (At least not on mine.) I was seriously blown away by this.

I also remain tremendously impressed with Opera Mini 5 Beta 2.

it says on vlingo.com that it is for the S2 as well
    12-21-09 10:03 AM
    Vlingo is alot better with added features,go get this one!!
    12-21-09 10:05 AM
    it says on vlingo.com that it is for the S2 as well
    I think OP meant that Google voice search, not vlingo, is not yet supported on the S2 yet. He is talking about how he uses vlingo voice search, so I doubt he meant that it was not available for his S2.

I have yet to try vlingo, but have heard great things about it (especially after the update). Might have to try this out.
    12-21-09 10:12 AM
    Does the free version still have the limit where you can only do so many voice text and emails? I tried it a while back so im not sure if it is still doing this. Thakns
    12-21-09 12:13 PM
    i'm thinkin of getting this app.....i wouldn't mind being able to txt via voice while driving
    12-21-09 01:07 PM
    Does the free version still have the limit where you can only do so many voice text and emails? I tried it a while back so im not sure if it is still doing this. Thakns
    There is no limit but you can only text people that have vlingo and then you can't email unless you pay....

If you purchase the program it has a ton of great features.
    12-21-09 02:10 PM
    Looks like its on sale now so it may be worth a grab
    12-21-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD