I downloaded the trial and think its awesome. Do you guys have any problems with it on the tour? It seems ok so far, but just wondering if I should really put down the 17.99 for it... hmm..

Does the app store ever have it on sale?

I wish you could dictate texts on the tour ...
    09-20-09 09:56 PM
    I like it, for me the current version on the Tour, seems to have far less mistakes than prior versions I had on an Alltel 8830 WE.
    09-20-09 09:59 PM
    I tried it but didnt keep it.

I agree with the dicating texts idea...if it did that , i may have kept it.
    09-20-09 11:10 PM
    Im confused. I use vlingo at no charge, and it isnt a trial version. Plus I can dictate txts. I press the right convenience key, state txt msg (insert name) and then speak the msg I want to be typed. The only thing I have to do is click send. Works WONDERS while driving
    09-20-09 11:13 PM
    yes, that's why I use it, far too dangerous to text or compose email while driving.

Nice program.
    09-20-09 11:23 PM
    likewise! lol, I was confused though bc some of the other posters stated they couldnt dictate txt, making sure I wasnt losing my mind
    09-20-09 11:27 PM
    I do more instant messaging than texting so I tend to forget I have it. I had to buy the full version to text people who are not Vlingo users. I'm not sure how others are getting full use out of the free version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 11:32 PM
    I do more instant messaging than texting so I tend to forget I have it. I had to buy the full version to text people who are not Vlingo users. I'm not sure how others are getting full use out of the free version.

really? that really makes me curious. I had to download the free version again just recently, within the week even. After downloading it I went thru the tutorial, set it up as my left convenience key. All I have to do is press it with instructions and it does what I ask. It has nothing to do with whether or not the other person is with vlingo, it sends the txt msg thru my phone to theres, using the standard txt msging with BB. It shows as the vlingo screen while I am speaking, but once I am finished and click send, it shows in the normal BB sms area.
    09-20-09 11:37 PM
    You're lucky then I suppose. I had the free version and most definitely could not send a text to non-Vlingo users. In fact I had a code for my old Pearl and it wouldn't work on the Tour. I had to contact Vlingo to get full usage of the program again.

Here's a screenshot from Vlingo's website. The yellow highlights are mine. Click to enlarge.

Attachment 38281
    Last edited by dchawk81; 09-21-09 at 12:40 AM.
    09-21-09 12:37 AM
    The only thing I have to do is click send.
    You can actually say the word "send" when you're holding down the button and it'll send it.
    09-28-09 05:37 AM
    I use it from time to time, It's ok. Sometimes the Voice recognition could be better than it is, but overall, it's noot too bad.
    09-28-09 08:04 AM
    I agree. Sometimes it's way off too. I said something into it once and it gave me "I want a blue Joe Biden."

09-28-09 08:12 AM
    yes, that's why I use it, far too dangerous to text or compose email while driving.

Nice program.

Might wanna get drivesafe.ly. That works really good. Just make sure if you download even the trial version that you check the settings. When i first downloaded it, I didn't know that it was automatically set to read your text or emails outloud as soon as the text came in. I was in the middle of a recording session and my blackberry just started talking "message from xxxxx "what time your session done?" Luckily that's all the text message said and not "you still working with that crappy artist?" or something like that.
    09-28-09 08:25 AM
    Vlingo is one of the best apps made. I use it everyday. As you use it more, it learns and makes less mistakes. Give it two weeks and it should hit about 95% correct.
    I upgraded to the premium and it was the best $17.99 I ever spent.
    09-28-09 08:56 AM
    You can actually say the word "send" when you're holding down the button and it'll send it.
    For some reason when I do that it actually types the word "send" in my message instead of actually sending it. Am I doing something wrong?
    09-28-09 01:30 PM
    It sends for me. I send as a separate action though. I "type" up my message, release button, press button, then say "send".

It might not send when you keep the button pressed the entire time, assuming you're wanting that word in the message.
    09-28-09 01:54 PM
    I release the button after I'm done with my message and hit it again to say send, and it doesn't work. Hmm

09-28-09 04:12 PM
    I agree. Sometimes it's way off too. I said something into it once and it gave me "I want a blue Joe Biden."

A blue joe does sound pretty good about now
    09-28-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD