how do i get vingo on tmo pearl i'm stuck at step 4, tmo was no help, please help
    06-26-08 12:44 AM
    Are you doing an OTA download?
    06-26-08 12:46 AM
    yes i am doing ota
    06-26-08 01:13 AM
    yes i downloaded OTA
    06-26-08 01:16 AM
    i have the same problem how can i fix this
    06-26-08 04:37 AM
    anyone?
    06-26-08 04:44 AM
    I too am having the same problem om mt tmo curve. After doing some research and trying many, many different combinations of settings (wifi vs gprs, convenience key set to Nothing vs vlingo, ota vs desktop installa, etc.) I have come to the conclusion that I, like tens (and maybe hundreds,) of others am stuck on step 4 and will have to wait for a fix.

The odd thing is that initially it worked for me; it was only after doing a nopte to self that it stopped working for me. I tried troubleshooting then uninstalled and reinstalled and haven't been anle to get past step 4 on any of the susequent installs. This is doubly frustrating as I was plenty impressed with the app when it was working and was excited about using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 08:09 AM
    Don't worry about it because vlingo isn't that great

06-26-08 08:17 AM
    Don't worry about it because vlingo isn't that great

Yes, but what's not great for you may be ther greatest thing on earth to me!

And vice-versa.

That's why we all have our own opinions, but I can only know how great the program is if I try it.

Que no?
    06-26-08 10:18 AM
    any solutions?
    06-26-08 10:38 AM
    stupid step 4
    06-26-08 08:08 PM
    I thought the makers said it's not compatable w/ t-mo? That's why I didn't bother to try it.

06-26-08 10:51 PM
    Just got this email from Vlingo support the "timeout" issue. They don't yet have an answer, but are working on it. Following is the letter they sent me...

"Hi, folks,

You are receiving this email because you recently contacted vlingo support with connection or timeout issues. Our engineering team is actively looking into this problem. Researching this issue is a time-consuming process, and unfortunately we do not yet have a solution for you. In the meantime, we wanted to share with you what we know at this point, and let you know that addressing the connection issue is a high priority for us.

A few important pieces of information:

- The connection issue appears to be quite prevalent among Pearl (8100) and Curve (8320) BlackBerry devices on the T-Mobile network. However, we are aware that there are devices that do not fall into these categories that are experiencing connection issues. Likewise, there are T-Mobile 8100 and 8320 users who are successfully using vlingo.

- Some users who cannot get vlingo to work over the mobile network do have success over WiFi. We know that this is not a permanent solution, but if you have WiFi, try turning it on. We are working to address the issue with the mobile network connection, but in the meantime, you may be able to use vlingo over WiFi.

- A few users we have heard from do not have data plans. Vlingo is network-based; you do need to have a data plan in order to use the software.

Answers to some frequently asked questions:

- Do you support T-Mobile? Yes, we do! We realize that some T-Mobile users are experiencing connection issues. We are actively working to resolve the issues so that those T-Mobile users who are currently unable to use the product can get up and running.

- Do you support OS 4.5? We do not yet support OS 4.5; we do plan to support it shortly after 4.5 is released. However, many users are successfully using the product with OS 4.5. If you are using OS 4.5 and having connection problems, bear in mind that the problems you are experiencing may be unrelated to your operating system. Although we will not explicitly test our fixes on OS 4.5 until 4.5 is publicly available, fixes we release for these connection problems may resolve your issues as well.

- Do you support users outside of the US? vlingo 1.0 is focused on the US market. However, we do have English-speaking users up and running in over 25 countries! As with OS 4.5, if you are an international user, the problems you are experiencing may be unrelated to your carrier or location and may be resolved by fixes we release.

We wish we had more complete answers for you at this point, but troubleshooting this issue and providing a robust solution for it is taking time. Rest assured that we are continuing to work hard on getting you up and running, and will keep you posted on our progress. We will send emails as we have substantive progress to report.

Thank you again for your interest in vlingo! We hope to be in touch soon with more information. You do not need to respond to this message; we will email you as we have more news or questions.

Best,

vlingo Support"
    06-26-08 11:45 PM
    typical and weather eye doesnt have my city and I cant put .jad .jar files on my phone (tried a converter with no luck and succesfully loaded onto media card and device memory via desktop manage to find it not showing up in the blackberry)

Just someone help me w one of these things
    06-27-08 12:26 AM
    Hey squash, thanks for posting that! I am also stuck on Step 4, I was hoping that because my Curve is actually an unlocked 8310 it just might work, but I'm getting the same timeout issue as everyone else.

I can't pass judgment on whether it's a good program for me or not because I haven't got it working yet. Seems like some people find it useful and some don't, but I will have to wait and see!
    06-30-08 05:56 PM
    I have an unlocked 8320 on AT&T and I was able to get mine to work, the only problem I have is if wifi is enabled: vlingo times out. When I disable wifi, vlingo works fine.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Vlingo is really awesome software, but it kind of loses its convenience factor when I have to disable wifi to use it...

06-30-08 10:46 PM
    i was having problems with the software too. timing out at step 4. i sent an email to vlingo and just got an email back. it has a link with a new beta version to fix the connection problems. its working fine now. so if you haven't sent them feedback do that now.
    07-01-08 05:13 PM
    do you have the link they sent you.
    thanks
    07-01-08 09:15 PM
    here's the link

also make sure that if your on t-mobile to go to settings/advanced options/tcp and in the apn: field, type, wap.voicestream.com

leave the rest blank

It worked for me
    Last edited by defi9; 07-01-08 at 09:31 PM.
    07-01-08 09:29 PM
    I got this email earlier from Vlingo.

They updated the software and it worked for me and I'm on T-Mobile so GOOD LUCK all!!!

To those of you experiencing connection problems with vlingo, thank you for your patience!

This has been a top priority for our engineering team. We believe we have identified a solution that will help most of the T-Mobile users. The solution may also help users on a number of other carriers, although probably not all. We do believe that it may help many Rogers users, for instance. At this point, we�re looking for users to beta test a fix before we release it generally.

Who should participate?

This fix is only for users who meet the following criteria:

1) Are currently experiencing connection problems. If you are getting �Request Timed Out� errors or if your BlackBerry is WiFi-enabled and you are able to use vlingo over WiFi but not over the mobile network, this fix may help you.

2) Have a data plan. Vlingo is network-based, so you need a data plan in order to use it.

If vlingo is currently running on your BlackBerry, or if you are experiencing problems unrelated to connection, this build is not for you. Should the fix prove successful, the final release will be for general use. However, this beta release is specific to users with connection problems.

I want in! What should I do?

If you are interested in participating, we need you to try out the new build and fill out a short questionnaire about how it works for you.

1) Install and try the new build

First uninstall the version of vlingo currently on your BlackBerry, then reboot your device. The new version will NOT work unless you first uninstall the old version.
    Next, download the beta version from here: vlingo | voicepad
    This link is for OTA installation only. If you prefer to or need to download using Desktop Manager, send an email to [email protected] and tell us that you need the sideload files for the beta. Please be sure to put BETA in the subject so we send you the right files.
    2) Fill out a short questionnaire
    The questionnaire should take no more than 5-10 minutes. You can find it here:
    SurveyMonkey.com - Powerful tool for creating web surveys. Online survey software made easy!

This questionnaire is solely for reporting results of this round of beta testing, and not for reporting general support issues. You need to fill out the questionnaire from a PC, not from your BlackBerry.

Troubleshooting

If the new build does not work for you, there are a few things you can try that may get you up and running

1) Verify your APN settings
    The software will work only if your APN settings are correct. To find your APN settings, go to BlackBerry Options > Advanced > TCP. If your carrier is T-Mobile, your settings should be:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username for APN: (blank)
    Password for APN: (blank)

A good list of settings for other carriers can be found here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...eway_port.html

2) If your BlackBerry is WiFi-enabled, we have a known issue in the interaction between the WiFi and mobile networks
    If you find vlingo still does not work over the mobile network, try turning your WiFi off. We know this is not a permanent solution, but it may get vlingo working for you now.

After you finish troubleshooting, whether vlingo now works or you are still seeing a problem, please let us know in the questionnaire.

Contacting us
    It will be most helpful if you provide feedback via SurveyMonkey: SurveyMonkey.com - Powerful tool for creating web surveys. Online survey software made easy!.

If you also need to email us, send a message to [email protected]. Include the word �BETA� in the subject line.

What next?

When we have a build available for general release, we will update our download links and let you know via email. Thank you again for all of your support and patience! We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to have good news for you soon.

Best,

vlingo support
    07-01-08 11:14 PM
    No good for me...but it is a little different now. Instead of getting an error message on Step 4 saying Network Timeout, I just get a REAL timeout. The "working" screen on Step 4 just keeps going round and round with the green dots. So something has changed, but it's still not working.

I've emailed that address.
    07-02-08 03:37 AM
    After receiving the updated email with the new link everything is better. It would only let me connect when I was on wifi before.
    07-02-08 08:37 PM
    Finally! I got through setup.
    07-02-08 08:45 PM
    It worked fine for me ...
    07-03-08 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD