Hi,

Ive just bought a S4 handsfree device. I also installed vlingo on my 9900... at this point i have to actually hold down a convience key in order to give vlingo a command. is there anyway to make it so i can active vlingo without touching my phone??
    07-12-12 03:22 PM
    I've wished for the same thing, but sorry, not as far as I know. I use the BlueAnt Q2 and the S4 visor mount with Vlingo. Of, course, the S4 can do hands free [I]calling[I] on its own, but as far as entering text, composing messages, or doing searches, you'll still have to hold down the convenience key on the berry. Vlingo can do a few "favorites" still, but lost direct Bing 411 on June 1st, if I remember correctly.

I don't mind, it still lets me keep my eyes on the road, and for emails/messages I simply tell the person on the other end I am using voice dictation while driving, and to please disregard any "odd" words or errors (that way I don't have to make the occasional correction via keyboard). Only use it for family/friends, or for clients I know VERY well, but never for anything to important or technical. Most folks are pretty shocked at how quickly I can reply, and are understanding of the occasional oddness.
    07-12-12 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD