Hi all,
    Since reloading my bold's os I've been reloading apps & found the new vlingo is virtually useless in it's free form. I'd be happy to pay for it, but 17.99 is way too much for any phone software. Anyone have a good replacement app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 09:38 AM
    Hi all,
    Since reloading my bold's os I've been reloading apps & found the new vlingo is virtually useless in it's free form. I'd be happy to pay for it, but 17.99 is way too much for any phone software. Anyone have a good replacement app?

Try "TELL ME". its in its beta form, but I like it better than Vlingo
    09-18-09 09:40 AM
    Hi all,

Don't mean to be a stinker, but why does everything have to be free?

Think about what it takes to do voice recognition? Servers, programmers, investors, etc etc etc

I wish they would charge a monthly fee because I worry about them not making money with a one time fee of 17.99. I think all apps should be paid for.
    09-18-09 11:00 AM
    Try "TELL ME". its in its beta form, but I like it better than Vlingo
    Is there anyway to get TELL ME for the 8900 cause on there site the 8900 wasn't compatible with TELL ME
    09-18-09 11:14 AM
    Don't mean to be a stinker, but why does everything have to be free?

Think about what it takes to do voice recognition? Servers, programmers, investors, etc etc etc

I wish they would charge a monthly fee because I worry about them not making money with a one time fee of 17.99. I think all apps should be paid for.
    I actually agree with you (well, not on the monthly fee, but otherwise). I, of course, loved having it for free, but I understand a business need to make money on a product. I just think, however, that 17.99 is overpriced. I have a hard time paying that much for an application for my phone. Depending on how/where/etc you get your berry that could be darn near 20% of the purchase cost of the hardware. This is, of course true (and worse in many instances) of software across the board.

Bottom line is that for me, I loved vlingo and it's very powerful but I don't use it enough to justify 17.99 for it.
    09-18-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD