So last week Google announced that they were releasing a Voice Actions app for Android phones. The app does everything Vlingo does, but it does it for free. That same day, Vlingo announced they were making their Android App Free, and no longer charging the $19.99 for the full app. Has anyone heard if Vlingo is planning to do the same for Blackberries? I'm sure they realize that Google will ultimately release Voice Actions on every mobile platform they can, which means that Vlingo needs to win mind share well before to reduce the loss of customers.

How many Blackberry users out there wouldn't mind having a totally free, full Vlingo App? (I know Appworld has a free version, but you still have to pay $19.99 for the full version)

I'm currently using my Droid X as my primary phone, and still waiting to be upgraded to Android 2.2, which is required for Voice Actions. However, I still have a Blackberry Storm I use for travel outside the US, and it would be nice not to have to pay for the full Vlingo app.
    08-16-10 11:07 AM
    How many Blackberry users out there wouldn't mind having a totally free, full Vlingo App?
    No doubt that was a good example of a rhetorical question. ie, who doesn't like "free"?
    08-16-10 11:14 AM
    I guess I meant more, why can't Blackberry users be treated similarly to Android users (I happen to be both). After all, Vlingo is offering the same service, except it is charging $19.99 on Blackberries, and $0 on Android devices w/ Froyo.
    08-16-10 01:20 PM
    I guess I meant more, why can't Blackberry users be treated similarly to Android users (I happen to be both). After all, Vlingo is offering the same service, except it is charging $19.99 on Blackberries, and $0 on Android devices w/ Froyo.
    They're only doing it because you have options on Android due to GVA and they got one-upped.. If they did not make it free, the app would have basically died out on the platform completely.

Other platforms do not, so this is not the case (hence it is not free on every single other platform)... They are not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.
    08-16-10 02:31 PM
    Yeah, I know that. But, if Vlingo can do it via app on Blackberries, what's to stop Google from entering the market too?
    08-16-10 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD