Hi I have been using the Jott app - I actually did it for my Mom - who has a BB but let's say she is not text proficient so it is great for her - I set it up with all 4 of her contacts and she just calls a numbers, says what she wants to text and it gets texted for her. It works good except that no one can reply to her messages, they have to start a new message from scratch.

So, I was checking out Vlingo and I read the FAQ's but can't find the answer - can people reply to text messages you send via Vlingo?

Does anyone use Vlingo? Your throughts?

Thanks for any info
    07-08-08 11:29 PM
    Hi I have been using the Jott app - I actually did it for my Mom - who has a BB but let's say she is not text proficient so it is great for her - I set it up with all 4 of her contacts and she just calls a numbers, says what she wants to text and it gets texted for her. It works good except that no one can reply to her messages, they have to start a new message from scratch.

So, I was checking out Vlingo and I read the FAQ's but can't find the answer - can people reply to text messages you send via Vlingo?

Does anyone use Vlingo? Your throughts?

Thanks for any info
    I believe they can. When you send a text using Vlingo, it just gets sent to the recipient as a regular text to which they can reply as normal text.
    07-09-08 12:14 AM
    Thanks. I am going to try it and check it out.
    07-09-08 01:15 AM
    Vlingo is on your phone, so any email or text that you send comes directly from the phone and can be responded to.

Jott is internet based, so whatever you say is sent to Jott and transcribed and then sent to the recipient from Jott. That is why Jott messages cannot be replied to.

I was texting the other day while at work using Vlingo, and I must say that it was pretty cool being able to speak my text messages and send them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 01:27 AM
    I use Jott and carry on text and email strings back and forth. Maybe it has something to do with settings (?). I can't believe no one I ever contacted wouldn't have commented to me that they couldn't direct-reply. They did hate the "text + email" until I fixed that. I might have to play around with it tomorrow now! Lol

07-09-08 01:44 AM
    I'd be curious if you ask your contacts because it appears that they have to start a new one. I see that Vlingo does go on the hone so I am going to try that one. Thanks.
    07-09-08 09:31 PM
    I have used Vlingo to text and they have replied, no problems. Cool program. I don't like how it says "from Vlingo" but it is a free program, so I guess I shouldn't complain!
    07-09-08 09:45 PM
    That sounds good - I'm gonna try it. Thanks!
    07-09-08 10:24 PM
    If you go to options in vlingo you can disable the tagline from Vlingo

Last edited by Miz.Michele; 07-10-08 at 02:30 AM.
    07-10-08 02:23 AM
    I would say unless you like doing things twice don't bother with either one. I tried vlingo, thought it could be nice, then saw how accurate it wasn't.

There was a lot of editing. It didn't always pick the right words when texting.
    07-10-08 04:30 AM
    If you go to options in vlingo you can disable the tagline from Vlingo

Thanks for the tip! That was getting annoying and the first time I sent a text with Vlingo to someone, I'd have to explain wtf that meant.
    07-11-08 01:00 AM
    You're welcome! I removed the tagline from mine as well.
    07-14-08 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD