So I just downloaded vlingo, but before I purchase the full version for $18, I was curious on a few things...

-Is there a way to reply without having to press the menu button then selecting "reply with vlingo"... I like to keep stock looks, not 3rd party looks when replying

-The old version did this... but will this one show a "new text message" every time you reply to a text? or send a text?

-Can you update the facebook status WITHOUT using the text message functionality? I got rid of facebook text alerts because of the facebook app, but I dont want to have to enable them again and get texts AND updates with the app.

There might be a few more ?'s, but I'm forgetting as of now.
    Thanks
    05-23-09 12:24 PM
    sorry to double post but anyone?
    05-23-09 09:20 PM
    So I just downloaded vlingo, but before I purchase the full version for $18, I was curious on a few things...

-Is there a way to reply without having to press the menu button then selecting "reply with vlingo"... I like to keep stock looks, not 3rd party looks when replying
    Yes... set Vlingo to one of your convenience keys, and you can use it from any screen.

-The old version did this... but will this one show a "new text message" every time you reply to a text? or send a text?
    I don't know the answer to this one.

-Can you update the facebook status WITHOUT using the text message functionality? I got rid of facebook text alerts because of the facebook app, but I dont want to have to enable them again and get texts AND updates with the app.
    You do not need the Facebook text functionality to use Vlingo/Facebook.
    05-23-09 09:40 PM
    Yes... set Vlingo to one of your convenience keys, and you can use it from any screen.
    I understand that, but what i mean is when im actually reading the text message, is there a way to just press "the convinence key and say "reply" because when I do now on the free trial, it says "press menu and reply with vlingo"

You do not need the Facebook text functionality to use Vlingo/Facebook.
    But when I update my status, or at least try to, I keep getting text messages saying "if you want to enable facebook via text blah blah" I just want it to update my status, and it wont work. can we incorperate it with the program somehow?
    05-24-09 11:12 AM
    Ok... I'm sorry. It has been so long since I've used Vlingo, that I didn't remember the "press menu and reply" part.

My husband still has Vlingo on his phone, I will play around with it today and see how it works with Facebook on his phone. He doesn't have FB texts enabled, either, so I'll have him test it. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if the free version of Vlingo works exclusively through messages (meaning it would send the status update to FB using a text message). I don't know if the paid version has more capability.

EDIT: I just went to Vlingo's website, and found on their FAQ page that you must have Facebook text messages enabled--looks like even the paid version of Vlingo works through the text option.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-24-09 at 12:56 PM.
    05-24-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD