Hi - I have a curve 8330 with Sprint running 4.5 - I have installed and uninstalled VLINGO several times and can't get it to work. I get an error indicating it needs additional permissions - connectionshone, connections:Carrrier internet. When I go into the application permissions - no matter what I change it to it never lets me change it to Allow - it reverts back to custom. I have pulled the battery and wiped the handheld. I've also contacted VLINGO support - I'm at a loss. Can anyone suggest a fix? Thanks!!
    02-11-09 07:19 PM
    Is your firewall turned on?? Don't know if that will help but its a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 10:49 PM
    On BES? Then its your company default permissions. Talk to your dept. No work around on the Vlingo side. Already tried.

02-12-09 12:58 AM
    Firewall is turned on and I've reset all counts and settings. Thanks for the reply.
    02-12-09 10:14 AM
    Nope - not on BES. thanks for the reply
    02-12-09 10:15 AM
    Did u buy yiur phone used or refurbished? If so, might still have old company IT Policy on it. Do a search for rmoving IT Policy. Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas.

02-12-09 01:32 PM
    I purchased new - but how do you delete the itpolicy??
    02-12-09 03:17 PM
    Just set all 3 permissions to Allow, and click Save. If they revert to custom it should still work. Do a reboot and then try it. Works perfectly on my 8330 with 4.5 from VZW. Sprint SHOULD be no different.

02-12-09 04:30 PM
    I've done all that - it's not saving the changes. It reverts back to custom, but the connections for phone and carrier network are set to prompt and vlingo will not work unless they are set to allow. Thanks for the message.
    02-13-09 09:37 AM
    I have the same problem and have a refurbed phone. I dont have the allow prompt just deny or prompt. My IT dept assures me that there are no blocks.
    01-24-10 04:13 PM
    Dumb question but when you installed the app did it take you thru the set up steps?

01-24-10 04:24 PM
    Got the new Torch 9800 (At&t). TeleNav and other 3rd party apps worked fine. Connected to my BES and saw a service named "Application Permissions" get downloaded and initiated. Now, 3rd app permissions are revoked and cannot be reset. No security policy is on the phone (Null Policy). Any thoughts? Is it that Application Permissions service that's botching things up? What can be done about this.

BTW- my Sprint Curve is connected to the same BES and the 3rd party app permissions are NOT affected.
    08-25-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD