So I purchased the Vlingo app today.. and on my app world it still says completing purchase after like 5 hours.. anyone know what that is all about?? I contacted their customer support and they said to contact RIM.... so I am in limbo....
    03-29-10 03:36 PM
    FWIW, mine went right through...
    So I know it's working
    03-29-10 04:00 PM
    So I purchased the Vlingo app today.. and on my app world it still says completing purchase after like 5 hours.. anyone know what that is all about?? I contacted their customer support and they said to contact RIM.... so I am in limbo....
    This has happened on other apps. You can have them email you a link to download. It has nothing to do with RIM. Don't know why they told you that.
    03-29-10 04:25 PM
    Let me know if their new version has fixed the problem with volume control in Slacker, Pandora, and media player. I like the app, but won't buy it until I know it's been fixed. Vlingo will acknowledge the problem, but as far as I know haven't solved it.

Mike
    03-29-10 04:29 PM
    First off, jbdale - LOVE your siggy quote!

Can anyone tell me if the paid version is as much of a memory hog than the free one? I really like the app and am thinking of buying it. However, if it sucks up as much memory (or even more!) then I think I am going to pass. Thanks!

Kat
    03-29-10 05:20 PM
    First off, jbdale - LOVE your siggy quote!

Can anyone tell me if the paid version is as much of a memory hog than the free one? I really like the app and am thinking of buying it. However, if it sucks up as much memory (or even more!) then I think I am going to pass. Thanks!

Kat
    Thanks, even though I own one, it's by far one of the most problem smartphones I have owned.

Vlingo in my opinion is a must have app. Probably one if not my favorite. It is absolutely worth the money and so is the "everywhere" update for $10.00. Not much of a memory hog. IMO, it replaces quick launch and is much faster with the $10 upgrade.
    03-29-10 05:29 PM
    Let me know if their new version has fixed the problem with volume control in Slacker, Pandora, and media player. I like the app, but won't buy it until I know it's been fixed. Vlingo will acknowledge the problem, but as far as I know haven't solved it.

Mike
    I don't have any problems with these.
    03-29-10 05:32 PM
    i have tried Vlingo on every OS and still the same problem... so i just uninstall. Not only does it have the volume control problem when playing media, slacker, etc. but i have also noticed that it screws up the headset and bluetooth volume while on calls. Has anyone else noticed this?

All in all, the app does what it says, and does it well... but the sound control bugs make it too much of an inconvenience. Cant wait until they fix it.
    03-29-10 06:40 PM
    Vlingo in my opinion is a must have app. Probably one if not my favorite. It is absolutely worth the money and so is the "everywhere" update for $10.00. Not much of a memory hog. IMO, it replaces quick launch and is much faster with the $10 upgrade.
    I don't have QL so no memory freed up there. I'm sure I can look it up, but what is the "everywhere" feature?
    03-29-10 07:29 PM
    I don't have QL so no memory freed up there. I'm sure I can look it up, but what is the "everywhere" feature?
    It controls all of your apps, and enables you to use your voice to add text anywhere you'd normally type in virtually every application on your device. I harldy even use the keyboard any more.

And to the others having volume control problems, never had this issue on either device.
    03-29-10 08:23 PM
    i have tried Vlingo on every OS and still the same problem... so i just uninstall. Not only does it have the volume control problem when playing media, slacker, etc. but i have also noticed that it screws up the headset and bluetooth volume while on calls. Has anyone else noticed this?

All in all, the app does what it says, and does it well... but the sound control bugs make it too much of an inconvenience. Cant wait until they fix it.
    worse than that it reboots my phone when I try to use the app about 1/2 the time. i reluctantly, but necessarily, removed it from my phone after less than a day's use.
    03-29-10 09:41 PM
    I LOVE the app, but whenever I make a mistake or vlingo doesn't understand me and I press back it won't "listen" to me anymore. After pressing back about twice to get out of vlingo it won't work and I have to reboot phone. I've emailed them SEVERAL times and they just respond with "we are working on this issue" I haven't tried the newest update so hopefully its fixed.

As for memory, it was a bit of a hog, but it didn't drain...I found it quite stable. I noticed no volume/media issues and knew it was a problem so watched for it but never experienced it. And I didn't have any reboots other than when I needed to do so. I liked the app a lot...when it worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 07:33 AM
    I LOVE the app, but whenever I make a mistake or vlingo doesn't understand me and I press back it won't "listen" to me anymore. After pressing back about twice to get out of vlingo it won't work and I have to reboot phone. I've emailed them SEVERAL times and they just respond with "we are working on this issue" I haven't tried the newest update so hopefully its fixed.

As for memory, it was a bit of a hog, but it didn't drain...I found it quite stable. I noticed no volume/media issues and knew it was a problem so watched for it but never experienced it. And I didn't have any reboots other than when I needed to do so. I liked the app a lot...when it worked for me.

do me a favor--IF and when Vlingo fixes the issue with their app, send up a flare, because I really like the app, but had to delete it because of all the problems with it rebooting my phone. I'm digging viigo, but I feel "incomplete" without vlingo!
    03-30-10 11:59 AM
    I have the same issue with the app, I get the "completing purchase" notifier on the my world page. I have been using the app just fine. No problems there, but the "completing purchase" message is annoying. I don't know if deleting the app will work. I don't want to do it and not be able to get my paid app back. There isn't a registration code or anything. Hopefully Vlingo gets back to me soon.

05-10-10 07:04 PM
    I found this on the vlingo site.
    Receiving your Registration Key

If you purchased it through paypal, it will take up to five days to register and then the "completing purchase" should go away.
    05-10-10 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD