Does anyone know if its possible to not have visual voicemail go to your message folder??

The reason I ask is because when I delete my message folder(which is all my emails), it also deletes my voicemail completely. Even if not listened to.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    03-11-10 02:22 PM
    Here's my suggestion. Remove VV and get YouMail instead. It's much better and the app has it's own folder. Plus, you can customize YouMail in so many ways.
    03-11-10 02:49 PM
    Is there a solution to this for the new Version of VVM? I wish I hadn't upgraded. The old version was perfect...
    03-12-10 07:31 PM
    Is there a solution to this for the new Version of VVM? I wish I hadn't upgraded. The old version was perfect...
    I AGREE! Downloaded the new version this morning... deleted my messages for the day and all voice mail gone as well... some I had saved for months! Really ticked I downloaded the new version. Can you get the old version back?
    03-14-10 04:45 PM
    Google Voice is also great - and free. www.google.com/voice you have to ask for an invitation from Google, but it doesn't take more than a few weeks.
    03-14-10 05:08 PM
    I tried to update my VVM and i got a MFing REINSTALL SYSTEM 552 upon rebooting. Maybe a coincidence but I'm raging so hard because I haven't done a backup in like 2 months (stupid, I know). Anybody else get this? Should I not even bother with the update?
    03-15-10 02:32 AM
    I received my first voicemail today since I've downloaded the update. I couldn't get the voicemail to play. Every time I clicked on it, a little bar came up underneath the number that said "loading voicemail" and that's it. It never would play. I had to dial into my voicemail just to check it.
    03-15-10 11:20 PM
    I received my first voicemail today since I've downloaded the update. I couldn't get the voicemail to play. Every time I clicked on it, a little bar came up underneath the number that said "loading voicemail" and that's it. It never would play. I had to dial into my voicemail just to check it.
    You may have to remove software and reload. One thing I have found on this update is you now can switch on the speakerphone at anytime, and not have to go into the menu to activate. I had to hide my ALL Messages folder so I would not delete my voice mail messages and bring back my individual mailboxes... they fix one thing and screw up two more.
    03-16-10 07:52 AM
    You may have to remove software and reload. One thing I have found on this update is you now can switch on the speakerphone at anytime, and not have to go into the menu to activate. I had to hide my ALL Messages folder so I would not delete my voice mail messages and bring back my individual mailboxes... they fix one thing and screw up two more.
    thanks! I'll try that!
    03-16-10 08:00 AM
    Does anyone know if its possible to not have visual voicemail go to your message folder??

The reason I ask is because when I delete my message folder(which is all my emails), it also deletes my voicemail completely. Even if not listened to.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    The Verizon tech suggested if you want the old software version back, you may be able to go into your Blackberry Desktop Manager and if you have backed up your device, the old software may be there... just be sure if you reload on your phone to indicate to downgrade to older version... I have not tried this yet. Also the tech had no knowledge of the new software, version 1.0.15.
    03-16-10 08:08 AM
    When you delete a message from inbox, message getting deleted is kind of looks natural to me. Am I missing something?
    03-19-10 11:20 PM
    When you delete a message from inbox, message getting deleted is kind of looks natural to me. Am I missing something?
    It just seems like Voice Mail messages should go into their own folder, or just stay in the VVM App. Many times you want to delete regular messages, but not the VM's. Also, to archive a VM it would be nice if you could retrieve it directly from within the App itself. This version also does not use the face proximity sensor, so you basically have to listen to all of your VMs over the speaker!
    Also...my version is 1.0.12 and it tells me there is no update available; that I have the most current update? Where did you get 1.0.15?
    Last edited by corymcnutt; 03-25-10 at 11:34 AM.
    03-25-10 11:31 AM
    This new version 1.0.15 is for Tour device. Are you trying on your Tour device?
    03-25-10 07:02 PM
    No, I am on a 9550 Storm2, hence the difference...thanks!
    03-25-10 09:19 PM
    It just seems like Voice Mail messages should go into their own folder, or just stay in the VVM App. Many times you want to delete regular messages, but not the VM's. Also, to archive a VM it would be nice if you could retrieve it directly from within the App itself. This version also does not use the face proximity sensor, so you basically have to listen to all of your VMs over the speaker!
    Also...my version is 1.0.12 and it tells me there is no update available; that I have the most current update? Where did you get 1.0.15?
    It was offered to me on my tour... and I downloaded... the only thing good about it is I can turn on and off the speakerphone when message is in play.
    03-26-10 07:05 PM
    I just got an answer back from my email to Verizon - they said the messages reappearing in the folder after a reboot shouldn't happen and to delete and reinstall the program - like I haven't done that already. But the face proximity and messages not going into their own folder is a program "design," whatever that means...so FIX IT already if you know about it!
    03-26-10 07:37 PM
    Any body likes here getting their Voice message appearing on the Inbox? I like to keep them with in VVM app.
    04-04-10 11:05 PM
    Any body likes here getting their Voice message appearing on the Inbox? I like to keep them with in VVM app.
    EXACTLY (apparently you did not read the other posts) - this is one of my complaints about this program. Try to archive a VM you want to keep and see what you have to do inorder to retrieve it. I guess everyone that uses this program has the same thing happen, or else they would SPEAK UP! I just don't understand why more VVM users do not complain to Verizon!
    04-05-10 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD