Help! My device says I need to login with my password to access my visual voicemail. I did not set it up with a password. What do I need to do?

tooey
    02-26-10 12:23 PM
    There is an option on your handset where you can enter in your password [Options->Phone Options ->Voice Mail]. Don't forget you also need to download the Visual Voicemail app from Verizon. Also, you need to log into your voicemail account and go through the prompts if you also want to set up the caller ID based greetings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 12:30 PM
    The the last 4 digits of your phone number, sometimes verizon sets it at that for you.
    02-26-10 06:24 PM
    If you have set up your regular voicemail, that password is the one you use. If not Pkcable is correct. Verizon uses the last 4 digits of the phone number. If you have not subscribed to visual voicemail,or your regular voice mail aka *86, then follow these steps.

How do I subscribe and setup Visual Voice Mail?

1. First, make sure that your voicemail box and password have been created by dialing *VM (*86).This is your regular voicemail
    2. Open the Messaging Menu on Visual Voice Mail capable device.
    3. Select the Visual Voice Mail icon (Press 6).
    4. After a brief message, download the Visual Voice Mail application when prompted.
    5. Enter your voice mail password that you have already created.
    6. Follow the prompts to accept Terms & Conditions.
    7. Select Subscribe.
    8. Wait up to 5 minutes for Visual Voice Mail to complete set-up.
    9. Begin receiving and using Visual Voice Mail.

Verizon | Answers to FAQs - Verizon Wireless Support
    Last edited by dave3825us; 02-26-10 at 08:42 PM.
    02-26-10 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD