I think I comprehend how VVM works, ie when a voice mail is left on the telephone number of the Storm, the time, date and the telephone number it came from will be displayed on the device. My wife also has a voice mail number at work, which she gets a lot of messages on. Is there a way to display the messages on this number also, even though it is not a Verizon wireless number? Not a problem to pay for an extra number. Or does she need a different program? Thanks.
    12-15-08 02:44 PM
    I thought that if I could get my wife's office phone to "Forward All Calls" to her BB, it would solve the problem, but her phone system tells you to call the central number when you put in Call Forwarding....it does not forward the number. I suppose if it was a dedicated Land Line with a separate number, call forwarding would work.
    12-17-08 05:39 AM
    I think I comprehend how VVM works, ie when a voice mail is left on the telephone number of the Storm, the time, date and the telephone number it came from will be displayed on the device. My wife also has a voice mail number at work, which she gets a lot of messages on. Is there a way to display the messages on this number also, even though it is not a Verizon wireless number? Not a problem to pay for an extra number. Or does she need a different program? Thanks.
    what it actually does is downloads the voicemail to the phone..

so in turn you get the number and if its associated with acontact on the phone you will get the name as well..

then when you hit play it plays on the device which is stored in internal memory..

then if you want you can archive the voicemail to internal memory on your storage card or delete it from the phone..

You can also forward the voicemail for listening on a computer by using email and you may also send to someone elses voicemail on the verizon network..

It also lets you record and send voicemail messages to others on the verizon network.

Her work voicemail will not be in the verizon account so this is not possible..

The other thing about visual voicemail is because it downloads them to the device you can listen,delete,save etc in any order

so if you have 20 voicemails you can listen to one right in the middle without paging through all the rest of them.

Hope this is a better explanation
    12-17-08 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD