Here is my problem - the proximity sensor works fine when I am on a phone call, (ie: my face does not push any buttons), but when I am listening to a Visual Voice Mail, I am constantly stopping the playback of the message when the screen touches my face. Seems like the screen lock out feature does not work at all in VVM (but works fine while on a call).

This did not happen before the upgrade to .607.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any fix for it (other than downgrading the OS)?

Thanks.
    05-22-10 03:29 PM
    same problem...only solution i found is listen to it by speaker to avoid the problem....other than that i dont know
    05-22-10 04:02 PM
    I've got the same problem here, and I'm running a .517 hybrid (shows .553 on the about screen).

The only work around I know of is to use the physical lock button immediately after you start to play your message back, prior to putting the phone near your face.

Either that, or use the speakerphone. I assume it's a bug in VVM - I really wish they'd fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 08:35 PM
    That's a known problem and it is the app's fault, not the phone's O/S. I have complained to deaf ears to Verizon. It's one of the most upsetting things Verizon has done...put out a program that has an OBVIOUS flaw and yet will not fix it? How can you possibly sell an app for voice mail that you can't even listen too without broadcasting your personal business over the speaker phone! It just doesn't make sense to me; especially at $3 a month.
    05-22-10 09:52 PM
    yeah, I've had this problem from the beginning, and I'm still running 320. I've talked to my Verizon rep friend who I bought the phone from and she says it's a known issue, but doesn't know if there's a fix in the works. I keep meaning to just bump VVM as I don't really love it, anyway, but Verizon makes it less than convenient to remove.
    05-23-10 03:31 PM
    Never used the app, but my question is...

If it's visual why do you have to listen to it anyway?
    05-23-10 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD